MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/11/2010 08:01 AM

what is the dumbest thing you've done

broken
broken  
Group Leader

this was mentioned in another topic so I thought lets find out..

the dumest thing I ever did was rub muscel cream over my whole body after I got out of the shower..ohhh, dont ever ever do this I thought I'd have to go to the hospital so much pain burning and cold all at the same time,had all the blankets on me gave me chills and my skin was on firer...never ever try this stupid idea

08/11/2010 08:20 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

Gee, where do I start? LOL I've done so many dumb things in my life, especially since Fibro took over my life. I'll have to really think about this and get back to you.

Yikes, muscle cream? All over? Aggggh.

I had someone put Absorbine Jr. all over my back once, and the same thing happened. I though my back was on fire. It turned red just like a bad sunburn, and lasted for days. Even got little blisters all over. Wahhhh!!!

08/11/2010 08:41 AM
PCG
PCG  

A tip for when you have to apply massage creams or heating creams in large areas, mix it with humectant body cream, apply it without rubbing and wet the hand you are going to use to apply the cream, that way it causes less friction. Then Softly massage the affected area doing circular movements with your hands or fingers.

On the creaming area, once when I was a kid I applied blisters cream all over me including my hair and my clothes. i wanted to save my mom the trouble of applying it on me Tongue She had to shower me like 5 times to get it out of my hair Tongue

About stupid things, I've been doing so many lately, some of them here ...LOL

Walking 15 blocks to a store to buy one specific item, buy a ton more and forget the one I went to look for...

Getting somewhere about 10 bocks from home and not knowing how I got there or why I went...

Write a very long e-mail at work then closing the window without sending or saving it...

I know there are worse, I'm sure Martín could fill the blank here for you, he surely remembers many Laughing LOL

08/11/2010 10:16 AM
Tsugaru
Tsugaru  

I was stupid enough to take a aerobics class. It was fun, but, goodness. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep due to my pains in the school library.

I also take classes I can't keep up with, try to be stronger than I am, and move in bad ways when I play with my 2 year old sis.

08/11/2010 10:31 AM
PCG
PCG  

Oh yeah, I remembered one! (great victory, huh? remembering the stupid things one does Tongue)

I was stupid enough to practice karate wearing slippers and with my dog around, needless to say I ended up in the floor and "activating" one of the worse flares of my life, I was almost unable to move for 3 weeks, had to work one day on a karate tournament for a friend of Martin's and I ended up intoxicating myself with and it was just Tylenol, but I needed to take one each half hour or I could hardly breathe. I worked there for like 8 to 10 hours, you do the math Tongue

Wait, I guess going to work in that tournament was the dumbest thing I've ever done Tongue

08/11/2010 02:00 PM
clown
clown  

My list would be shorter if I told you the things I do that are not dumb. My favorite character in Disney is"Dopey", I relate to him so well.

I have fibro fog so badly today that I cannot think of anything special at the moment, but I could write a book entitled: "The Dumbest Things I Can Do In One Day".

Hugs,

Donna Cheerful

08/11/2010 02:39 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

We actually have a very long thread called "You know you're a fibromite when" that you can find here:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/fibromyalgia-discussions/ general-support/881974-you-know-youre-a-fibromite-when/ limitstart/410

There are some pretty funny stories there!

08/12/2010 07:20 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I can t even begin to start on the stupid or silly things I ve done because of Fibro/Fog .

Some were quite laughable while others could have ended in serious consequences had I not ""woke up"" and realized what was about to happen.

Marilyn

08/12/2010 10:45 AM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Pick a year, and then a month and then any day of the month and I will have done something stupid or dumb....really.....

The dumbest thing I almost did, that almost ruined my life, was listening to a girl friend on "how to catch a guy," the guy I wanted was not the kind that played those kinds of games....so while I was driving home, after not calling him back, per her instructions, it suddenly hit me that this was absolutely the wrongest thing to do, so instead of going home I went to his home and we talked it all out.

Unfortunately I had eaten lunch out at a local Chinese place and this was about 4 hours later and I suddenly, because food poisoning is rather sudden, started throwing up and was so incredibly sick and he put me in a T shirt of his, and put me in his bed, he had a trash can for me to throw up in and cold compresses, and about 7 hours later I finally finished with all vomiting, and all the diarrhea, and was able to sleep, and I remember him saying that he was calling in sick for me....I woke up about 8 hours later all nasty and sweaty and someone was pounding on his front door because he had taken the key out of the lock box that hangs on the door when you are trying to sell your house....he had done it so they wouldn't find me sick in bed. lol. How sweet was this?

I changed the sheets and took a shower and went to clean his toilet, but he had already done it. You have to adore a guy that will clean the toilet after you have been violently ill...

We hadn't even done the....yet....

I am so glad I married this guy!

That is the story of the almost dumbest thing I almost ever did.

Post edited by: Natalia5150, at: 08/12/2010 10:46 AM

08/12/2010 11:13 AM
PCG
PCG  

Hahaha, that is almost taken form a romantic comedy movie. I can imagine some famous actress (forgot all her names all of a sudden) going through taht situation when she was about to give up on the guy and running on his t-shirt to find him about to take a plane to his new job across the country (that's why he was selling th house :O) and she catches him just in time and he misses the plane! LOL

Yes, I am epoxy, and yes I'm in a romantic mood Tongue Don't know witch is worse LOL

Loved the story anyway, pay no heed to my crazy rambling, it should go away in a couple of hours, maybe less Tongue

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved