MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/11/2010 07:16 AM

Upper gi

hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I'm going in today for a upper gi. Not sure what all that entails.

Jacks MRI was clear except for his ventricles that are enlarged and are borderline. Madison didn't get to do hers because she began coughing after being sedated. We will redo it under general anesthesia.

Both are in school. Madison was upset today and didn't want to go because she says her teacher got on to her and she's scared of the kids. I felt horrible leaving her.

08/11/2010 07:30 AM
PCG
PCG  

A big hug for you and your kids

08/11/2010 07:31 AM
youyou80
youyou80  

I found an Upper GI to be no big deal. I have had two and have had no complications either time. I think the worst part is having to go without food before the test. Good luck and I wish you good results. Smile

08/11/2010 07:48 AM
kdgonz
kdgonz  

I was sedated during my upper gi but I do remember after waking up, dreaming "no, no, stop shoving that down my throat." LOL It didn't hurt and I'm not sure I was lucid enough while they were doing it or it was just bothering my subconcience.(sp?) Sorry about your daughter not liking school. Did they just begin? Getting used to a new teacher can be hard and scary. My thoughts are with you guys!

-Kristen

08/11/2010 07:59 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

Amy, I agree with youyou and Kristen. An upper GI is not an ordeal, and since my precedure was early in the a.m. I didn't miss the food, but I reeeallly did miss my coffee! Just try to relax, and if you are getting general anesthesia, look forward to the best rest you've had for awhile. Smile Big Hugs, and hope Madison doesn't have to hard a day.

Karen

08/11/2010 08:58 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Well I'm done. I didn't have an endo. I had a upper gi series. Lotsof xrays. That stuff was nasty. She did say I had reflux but I don't know about the rest.

08/11/2010 09:04 AM
PCG
PCG  

Hope they don't find anything else, like at all Laughing

Hugs

08/11/2010 11:02 AM
Stella77
Stella77  

I'm being scheduled for an upper GI or something like that after seeing my doctor yesterday. A few months ago, I started having severe heartburn and acid reflux in the night. I've been taking Prevacid every day and it works pretty well, but if I stop taking it even for one day, it all comes back. What are they going to do for you, Hatbox, now that you know you have reflux?

08/11/2010 11:17 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I don't know yet. I have to call tomorrow for the results. I don't know if it means anything but it took longer than normal for the barium to move out of my stomach. Apparently according to my mom I have had one done before when I was 6. It didn't show anything then but I had to be rushed back to the hospital the next day since I was going into shock. It turned out after emergency exploratory surgery I had holes in my intestine, twisted intestines, a hernia, and a burst cyst that began to disease my abdomen and my appendix was dead because of it. I think the neausea is tied to my hormones but well see. The test wasn't bad but I felt like throwing up the whole time.

08/11/2010 11:25 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

So very sorry about the nausea. I was hoping you'd be asleep. Or did they just do a barium swallow with xrays? I'm a bit confused today. Tongue You sure went through the mill when you were 6! How did all that happen at such an early age? Gongenital defects?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved