MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/03/2010 02:14 PM

Got the results of my polyp biopsy.

mjcolenc
mjcolenc  

I got the results of my polyp biopsy. The polyp was a Adenomatous polyp. That type has the potential to become cancerous, but the doctor caught this one in time. I have been put on a colonoscopy surveillance program and should have a colonoscopy every 5 years. Because patients who develop these type of polyps are at risk to develop more in the future.

08/03/2010 02:33 PM
PCG
PCG  

Glad they caught it in time :O

So bad you gonna have to go through this kind of stuff from now on, but it is for a good cause Smile

Glad you're ok Smile

08/03/2010 03:27 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

So happy that they caught it in time Smile that's great news. Even though doc said five years, don't hesitate to have it done sooner if you develop symptoms again. I'm a survivor and almost waited too long so just be sure to be your own advocate as usual Smile

08/03/2010 03:36 PM
mjcolenc
mjcolenc  

That's the thing, I didn't know I had symptoms, except for constipation.

08/03/2010 04:07 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Wow, I'm glad they caught it. Sorry to hear it has the potential to turn cancerous. Maybe you can call and ask what other symptoms you should watch for? I'm sure you've already been told to watch for black tarry stools.

Did you know white stools are the sign of a bowel obstruction? I've been told since I had my splenectomy to watch for those.

08/03/2010 06:37 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

Im so happy they caught the danger in time..my mother died of colon cancer and I have taken care of many who have sufferd with it..It is a blessing

08/03/2010 10:18 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That's great news! No cancer, being monitored every 5 years will be good, some people have multiple removed each time so it's good it was just the one. I had mine a few years ago for fear if Colon Cancer it was not but was set up for yearly ones. I'm 32 and haven't been back for one since. I keep an eye out for tarry bloody stools I bled and still bleed alot but it's bright red normally from my internal hemmroids. The dr agreed to 3 years but I think I even missed that. I'm sick of drs and tests, it took him a long time to get this second Endoscopy out of me. If I wasn't so sick I would have fought that too but I don't have it in me right now. Great news! I'm happy for you. Hugs Wink

08/03/2010 10:56 PM
clown
clown  

GREAT NEWS.

Hugs,

DonnaTongue Wink Cool

08/04/2010 05:45 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

mj, that is good news and it s great that they can remove them as they are doing the colonoscopy now rather than a separate procedure.

I, along with 2 of my brothers, get a colonoscopy procedure every 5 years because our remaining brother had severe colon cancer (and is now a 30 year survivor). He was given 6 months to live in 1976, has the total colostomy etc. but has never let that stop him from anything he wanted to do. He is my inspiration ~~~

Glad your news was good ~~~ Smile

Marilyn

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved