MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/30/2008 10:31 AM

Harder and longer to heal

calikd
calikd  

Does anyone find that it takes longer and its harder to heal any injury? I fell last week, not only was I embarassed Blush I skinned my knee. I felt like I was a kid again. Now my leg is swollen and it hurts worse than it did when I first fell. Sad

09/30/2008 11:07 AM
Janilee

If it's swollen and hurts worse, something other than a skinned knee is happening. My advice is to go to a Dr and find out what's going on. You may have cracked your knee cap.

I've always been a fast healer and haven't seen any difference in healing time since I was told I had fibro.

Jan

09/30/2008 11:10 AM
Barbkubacki

Jan I finally got my left knee drained today! I hurt so bad and I still have leg pain but I am hoping that will go away with time.

09/30/2008 11:16 AM
Janilee

That was a long wait. I hope that all feels better soon.

We have a nice fall day here. Temps in the 60's so I decided last night for some reason to make some Slovak Goulash. It smells so good I can't wait to eat it.

Hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery

09/30/2008 11:46 AM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

Calikd Jan is a smart lady, listen to her and go to the doctor

09/30/2008 12:11 PM
calikd
calikd  

I just started a new job and I have no insurance right now. I did go to school for medical assisting, I honestly don't think its broken or cracked. Its more like an infection... If it last longer than a week, I will get it checked....

09/30/2008 02:39 PM
malaluka
malaluka  

Hope your knee starts to feel better soon calikd if it's not one thing it's another.

Janilee I love Goulash,hope it was good.

malaluka

09/30/2008 03:35 PM
Janilee

It was delicious malaluka.

09/30/2008 04:52 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

calikd, Please go (even to a clinic)to have your knee checked . Infection is nothing it mess with !!! Sounds like something internal isn t healing properly.

I have not noticed my body not healing any differently than before I was dx d with Fibro but then I truly believe that I ve had the Fibro much longer than we realized.

Janilee, the goulash sounds wonderful on this drizzly Fall night . I made a huge pot of chili last night.

10/01/2008 02:39 AM
malaluka
malaluka  

Now see what you did janilee I will have to go make my own.

malaluka

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved