MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/23/2010 05:26 AM

Knots in legs

pscrog
pscrog  

So, on top of what I am already dealing with I have knots in my legs. I have always had them but lately they hurt more. Especially when I have a flare. the good thing is that when I went into my rheumy this week the knots were pretty big and hse could feel them so she requested an ultrasound for my legs. I am getting it done today. I hope they can see something and be able to figure it out. We'll see!

07/23/2010 06:58 AM
PCG
PCG  

Hope you find out soon and can get better Laughing

07/23/2010 06:59 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

Good luck with the ultrasound, pscrog. Those nasty knots hurt like the dickens! Lucky they were bad when you went in. Usually our weird symptoms go away just when we go in, so as to make us look quite nuts to our docs. LOL I think they plan it that way!

07/23/2010 07:06 AM
Tabi
Tabi  

Please let us know what you find out because I have this issue as well but because I used to be so active hiking and biking all the time my doc thought it was due to all my activity. I haven't been able to be active in over a year though and would like to know why it is still an issue. I'm curious to know what you discover.

Best of luck,

Tabi

07/23/2010 07:07 AM
PCG
PCG  

Yes, that happens to me too! I'm always afraid that the doc wont beleive me. I spend 2 days habving chest pain, or head ache, or stff neck, when I finally go to the doc, I feel fine... I end up saying "it used to hurt here and here, now it chickend out Laughing)

07/23/2010 07:26 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I was explaining this to another member the other day that thereis a such thing called Fibro Lumps. Sometimes they are painful sometimes not it's another weird symptom of Fibro and they can come up anywhere. In researching awhile back for someone else I found MDJ actually has a Fibro Lumps Group. Obviously it should be checked to rule out other possibilities but I wanted to make you aware of that as well. Best of luck! Wink

07/23/2010 07:38 AM
pscrog
pscrog  

Wow Stacey, I wasnt sure if it was part of Fibro or not. I do notice when I am stressed they hurt more and are larger. So of course right now they are large and VERY tender. I hope they can find something and thank you for the info about the Fibro knots group, I didnt know abouut that. ugh..I just want to stop hurting and stop being stressed out

07/23/2010 07:52 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Hope everything goes well, let us know okay? You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

07/23/2010 07:53 AM
PCG
PCG  

So those lumps I have where my legs join my hips, that hurt when is cold or when I'm stressed and no doc ever figured out what they are so I stopped bringing them up could be one of my first symptoms of fibro? wow :O

07/23/2010 08:00 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I didnt know that we had a fibro knots group....Im glad you were able to have your doc feel them when they were bad and that it is being checked out for you..it is always so important not to chalk things up to fibro and have them checked just dont be surprised when it is just fibro,lol

keep us up dated

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved