MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/19/2010 04:16 PM

Been Sick Lately

SufferingSilently
SufferingSilently  

Last week I had to go to the ER. I'd been sick for about 5 days. Checked in with 103 Degree temp. I was having really bad chest pains and trouble breathing. They said it was pericarditis, inflammation around my heart and lungs due to the infection. They got my temp down and released me with some pain meds. Hubby yelled at me and is mad because he says I always wait until the last minute. I missed all last week at work with no pay and bills are piling up. Now I'm back at work and just really depressed, this infection just won't go away, just wanna go home and hide away from the world and everybody in it.

07/19/2010 04:47 PM
PCG
PCG  

Try to breath deeply and keep calm, the pain, the medications and teh illness itself may be a great source of depression...try to focus yourself on that it will pass, that you can make it better, have faith in yourself, you'll feel better Smile

Lotsa hugs Smile

07/19/2010 05:08 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

07/19/2010 05:12 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have had Pericarditis, I'm prone to it and it sucks I'm sorry you are dealing with this crap. Around your lungs is usually Pleurisy, I have had that 6 times within the last 2 years, It's terrible! There's no treatment for either of them they just have to clear up on their own while you suffer. Sad How did they find your Pericarditis? I hope you feel better very very soon!!! Big Hugs, Stacey

07/19/2010 05:14 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Deep breathing is the worst I know first hand it feels like a heart attack but make sure you don't forget to breathe as much as you don't want to sometimes. Wink

07/19/2010 05:16 PM
PCG
PCG  

oops, didn't think that one through...sorry #blushes#

hugs Tongue

07/19/2010 05:22 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

awww hugsSad feel better .. I know how it is not to feel well and still work...Dizzy keep us informed on howyou feel... no hiding fron the world til saturday morning Smile Hugs

07/19/2010 06:08 PM
SufferingSilently
SufferingSilently  

Thank you all for all the hugs and good wishes. They did a chest x-ray, an EKG, and a full blood work up in the emergency room. They said it was caused by the infection.It hurts so bad to take a deep breath. How can so much pain come just from simple inflammation? Everybody at work is saying, oh it's so good to have you back, you look so great and rested...but that is not how I feel, but who would care how I'm really feeling anyway. Must go rest, can't stay awake, no energy Sad

I can't wait for Saturday to come.

07/19/2010 09:35 PM
gz55

sufferingsilently,

to answer your question, "who would care how i'm really feeling anyway.", WE DO!! we're all pulling for you, we know what it's like and we do care! hang on and take extra special good care of yourself.

gentle hugs,

gail

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved