MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/23/2008 01:57 PM

How do you get rid of the blahs

mama2

I am having so much trouble getting rid of the blahhhhhs. I don't know how to over come the low feeling I have been in the last few weeks. The pain has been worse than ever and it is getting me down. I do not know how to get myself out of this slump. My pain has eased but the blahs have increased. When will both of them be eased at the same time. I slept most of the day today I didn't get up until nearly noon. I just couldn't seem to wake up. I have no idea what is happening and my family just says thats to much sleep. I hate this feeling but I don't know how to get rid of it. Sad

09/23/2008 02:08 PM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

I can sympathize with you. I've had the blahs for a few days and I think they are making me hurt worse..not the other way around.

At least I know what is causing my funk, youngest daughter. She's 28 and I can't put her up for adoption.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for both of us.

09/23/2008 02:15 PM
sleepwalking
sleepwalking  

I wish I knew. I have them too. I also feel sick to my stomach

Daughter and grandson have moved, have to see yet another new doc in an hour. That alone is depressing. Having to start again with a new doc just makes me want to start crying before I even get there.

McBeth, putting your 28 yr old up for adoption made me laugh.

All we can do is stick together and help each other.

09/23/2008 02:34 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Well, what works for some (me) to get rid of the blahs might not work for someone else but ...

It depends on how bad my blahs are ... If they re minor, I make up my mind to do something really special that I want to do (something I wouldn t do everyday of the week or something)

IE: walking thru a hobby or craft store (whether I intend to buy anything or not)

Dropping by the greeting card aisle and searching for several cards (usually thinking of you) to just send at random to friends I haven t talked to in awhile.

Stopping in at the pet store and playing with the puppies ... this is always a mood lifter for me !!!

If I m having really nasty blah days, I usually take a nap or read and sometimes I even bake ...depends on my mood.

I am , by nature, a very hospitable and social person but I DO have days when I just want everyone to go away and leave me to myself. I think we all need those days !!!

I think it is because I still work full time but hubby is retired so he automatically has his ""me time"" and sometimes I feel like I get cheated out of any for myself.

Marilyn

09/23/2008 02:53 PM
mama2

Thank you all. I really like the advice. I have a hard time doing the things I use to because I don't trust myself with the tools. I love to do wood working but it hurts to bad. My husband works nights so I am alone with my 11 yr old and 4 yr old during the week. He is at work by the time they get home from school plus we are having a hard time right now paying all the bills because of the trips to the drs and the meds. And I have more bad days then good lately I either hurt to bad to walk or I am in a funk to bad to get up either way it is hard for me to do much. My hubby just says do something everyday he doesn't understand the blahs very well. Hugs

Cindy

09/23/2008 04:32 PM
nhlflagg
nhlflagg  

Hey Cindy, sorry you in the blahs. I am like you right now but I have to get up and go to work. I am so tired right now, I really would love to go home and go to bed. I almost feel like I could be sick right now. I can not leave work because of the kind of job I do. I had an early dr's appointment this morning and I work 3pm to 11pm and I did not sleep well last night. I have a headache and I am so hot but it is cold outside. I can not even go out and cool off.

I have started cross stiching again, it killed my hand at first but has gotten better. I just have to stay better or I will fall asleep. I have done a ton of little cross stich things. My sister-in-laws church is having a holiday sale in Nov, so I am doing things for her to sell. Maybe you can do something like that.

Good luck and you can PM anytime you want to just talk.

Sonja

09/23/2008 04:46 PM
mama2

Thank you Sonja. I'm sorry you are feeling bad at work. My hubby can understand how you are feeling he feels bad and is having to work. He can't miss a day because he is the only income we have right now. My not being able to work has hit us hard. He works 1:30pm to midnight. I do hope you get to feeling better soon. Thank you for the cross stitching advice I think I will try something like that it don't take sharp tools to do. Feel free to pm me any time if you are in the mood to talk. Hugs

Cindy

09/23/2008 06:32 PM
Janilee

Cindy, I'm with Auntie. Sometimes when I just feel like crap, I force myself up and get a bath first of all. Then I do something that I don't normally do. I go out and sit on the deck for about 15 minutes to get some sun and let it soak in on me. You've heard of SAD. I think that SAD is not seasonal. If you don't get enough sun and Vitamin D, you can go into a depression. I know that I do feel better just getting out into the sun for short periods of time each day.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved