MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/12/2010 05:14 PM

Dirty words...and phrases(page 3)

oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

Where do we find that disclosure and how do we put it on all our posts? Nobody's ever mentioned it to me, but I've seen them on a lot of posts and wondered. thanks!

07/12/2010 06:14 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It was sent out to all GLs a very long time ago saying to make up whatever you wanted but basically to the point of "I'm not a dr what I say is advice only shared from personal experience." Something like that. You can look at mine for an idea I forget what I put or just leave it real simple. Wink

Click Edit next to My Profile and then click the tab that says Forum Signature and type it there then click Update.

07/12/2010 06:20 PM
puppymom2

Thanks Stacey I had the same question.

Traci

08/17/2010 11:45 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I just added a sticky to this so that new members will hopefully read this and be aware that they can sometimes hurt a person's feelings totally by accident. Feel free to add any words or phrases that we've left out!

love & hugs to you all,

08/18/2010 12:41 AM
poppyflower

Im a bit late on this post i know, but thanks for saying that about the disclosure Stacey, i had wondered how to do it as well... im a bit rubbish at all this, so will give it a go !!

08/18/2010 12:48 AM
poppyflower

Owwww i did it.... Cheerful LOL

08/18/2010 01:18 AM
VintageAnn

So let me get this straight so I understand it clearly.

When I tell someone how utterly stupid, dumb, crazy and lazy I think they are, and what a mess that I think they have made out of their ridiculously retarded life and they get mad because I said such an ugly callous thing i can't tell them "oh that's nothing" compared to what I really wanted to say," but, I know just how you feel, if I put a j/k after it I'm okay?

That is an extremely long run on sentence that took some thought to get it all in there. That said, I for one am really glad that I don't see many people being mean spirited on here. Most of us don't feel good so to be mean on top of that would not be nice.

08/18/2010 07:03 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I can tell you what puppymon said is a very good point.. when we type in our head we hear the emotion or laughter some people dont I have now got in the habit of putting lol(which I never wanted to do,lol)

but I know I have accidently offended others who didnt get my joke, and it can get out of hand fast..

we have to remember our group is uniqe(sp)(special)as most people will tell you from diffrent sites because we wont let our people feel attacked for any reason..At least we try to not let it happen..

if anyone is having trouble with another member please go to the GM, me Rayne Stacey and we will sort it out..

Ms.bad cop rayne I think you were a good cop

08/18/2010 10:54 AM
annamarie180
annamarie180  

Yay! I'm so glad I found this discussion! Thank you for stickying it rayn!

08/19/2010 09:13 AM
RedGirl

If only I knew where to find sticky (ummmm.... stickied?) things.............

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved