MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/07/2010 06:50 PM

could i get some advise????

mem187

i have been with the group a while.....but i have a major flare up sence about 29 of june.i do not know how to cope with this i mean i understand i will have this for the rest of my life just like my depression,anxiety and bipolar but that i have almost well most of the time under controll.i am 39 how do i cope with so much pain for the rest of my life and believe me i am not a whimp.Sad

sybille

07/07/2010 07:24 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Sybille, honey, give us a chance!!! It's dinner time on the west coast!

What drugs are you currently taking? Are you still working? I remember that you loved your job but were having problems last time we talked which was months ago if I remember right. Are you still doing the same job or have you had to quit?

Have you tried filling the bathtub, adding a couple of cups of epsom salts and maybe a few drops of lavender oil? If not, I recommend you give that a try. And as hard as it is to do, gentle stretches DO help, although they hurt like blazes at first. Have you tried that? My tdoc the other day told me that in most areas the YMCA operates on a sliding scale. Is there one near you where you could do water exercises or take a yoga class or a tai chi class? My cousin has fibro and says that not only does Tai Chi help her with her fibro pain, it also has given her back the inch of height she lost and she has the most beautfiful posture I've ever seen on anyone who wasn't a ballet dancer.

Also I know you are in pain, but we are not machines and you can't get instant answers out of us, OK? Your other post was not necessary.

hugs,

07/07/2010 07:28 PM
kdgonz
kdgonz  

This may not be much help, but sometimes when I'm having a really bad flare (which seems like all the time), I find it helps just to cry. I'm sure it's just helpful emotionally, but sometimes a good sob can do wonders. Hope you feel better soon. And remember it is okay to feel sorry for yourself sometimes...... Smile

-Kristen

07/07/2010 07:30 PM
Kaylove8888
Kaylove8888  

Awe, I'm really sorry to hear that. I don't know your living situation or every day schedule, but, best I can say is try your best to relax your mind and body as much as you can throughout your daily activity and as hard as it is try to remain calm and stress free. My favorite is "me time" in a quiet or soothing environment, maybe listening to some of you favorite soothing laid back music through some earbuds to shut out everything else and if your on meds, to keep up on them. I hope you get some relief soon. (warm smile)

07/07/2010 07:31 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry you are in such a terrible flare, we can all relate to you your not alone in this at all. You only just posted and I too was just getting to your post. It slows down a little more as it gets later. We are like a huge family here and nobody is favored over one person new or old. I hope you get some relief and I was going to ask what you were taking for meds but Rayn beat me to it. Wink

I hope you feel better soon! Hugs, Stacey

07/07/2010 07:33 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Fibromites cannot be wimps either so you are def not a wimp. You are strong and we are here so vent away. Smile

07/07/2010 07:42 PM
bittersweetlife

I will guess you're just in so much pain that you didn't even give anyone a chance to reply! Thats O.K. I get angry too sometimes when I'm feeling very bad. I'm sorry you are suffering so. I hope you feel better really soon.

07/07/2010 09:15 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Sybille is an old friend. She just gets excited sometimes and jumps from thread to thread. She'll be back.

Big hugs, Sybille,

07/07/2010 09:40 PM
puppymom2

I am so sorry you are in so much pain today. I agree with Rayne, try the bath with epsom salts. Two cups to a normal sized bath tub. The water should be warm enough to be comforting but not make you sweat. I have heard you should limit the soaking time to 20 minutes. I know that the bath idea sounds a bit lame but it does really help.

Feel better soon.

Traci

07/08/2010 05:42 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Sybille,

Welcome back to the group ~~~ I remember you from months ago !!! Smile

I am sorry you are in such a terrible flare. It always seems that the more pain we are in the shorter our patience becomes.

I have no real solution for your flare pain other than to wait it out and try what others have mentioned.

Just wanted to say ""hi"" and ""welcome back"" ~~~

I hope you feel better very soon ~~~

Marilyn

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved