MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/04/2010 12:05 PM

Swollen fingers and hands?

paige2000

For some reason I couldn't search our previous listings today to see if this has been discussed before. For the past several days, my hands hurt so badly. They are swollen, and I am having a hard time using them to open things. This morning I couldn't use my round brush withouth them hurting. Is this typical for FMS? I was thinking it may be time to get tested for RA again.

07/04/2010 12:14 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Paige,

Happy Fourth of July ~~~ I hope you re celebrating quietly and with little pain . It is quite hot here with no rain in sight Sad !!!!

Many mornings when I get up, it takes a bit for my hands/fingers to become active and let me carry on with normal activities. Sometimes it is more prominent in my left hand/fingers than the right so I have to be very careful with a mug of hot coffee etc.

Warm water (from shower or washing up) seems to help a bit ~~~~

Marilyn

07/04/2010 06:17 PM
bittersweetlife

Hello Paige, welcome to the group. Fibro doesn't cause swelling. But it can cause pain in the hands, fingers. Are you taking Lyrica? It can cause swelling. Since this is new symptom, best to check with your doc and be on the safe side. Glad you found our group. Keep us posted. Good luck!!

07/05/2010 09:03 AM
paige2000

Thanks so much. Ironically, my hands are ok today. Just wish the rest of me would catch up. Looks like another day at home. I told my mom earlier that I feel like I am trapped in my body. There are so many things that I want to do, but I can't seem to do anything. I've just been going through a horrible flare up for days now. Hope you all are feeling good today! Paige

07/05/2010 10:37 AM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

i have it come and go...I do take Lyrica. It don't worry about it. These little things, if they do not get serious, I ignore...I just figure it is part of the syndrome called Fibro.

07/05/2010 11:52 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Mine are really bad in the morning then, it's kinda like tolerable until I got to use them for just about anything lol

I do have RA so if I were you, I would ask to be checked for it again. The results of treatment are so much better if caught in the early stages.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved