MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/03/2010 10:35 PM

I knew I wasn't crazy.

RockOnSMILE
RockOnSMILEPosts: 153

I have had trouble since I was a kid with all these symptoms that no one could add up. I was diagnosed with MS in 2009. Something told me something was still wrong with me as none of the people at my MS meetings were speaking of this pain I was having. This lead me to go to my original doctor back when I was age 12(I'm 22 now) he told me "These are classic Fibromyalgia symptoms." He started me on Lidocane(SP) shots in my neck. My neck gets so heavy that I scream because I can't hold it up and as you all know, the pain is unbearable. The first set of shots seemed to really help. The second set, which I got done on my birthday, was really painful and I still feel pain to this day.

I wish, I hope, I pray.

I read this book called Fibromyalgia- the complete guide from medical experts and patients. It was an amazing book. I am interested if anyone has any other great books. Short stories are my thing, or short chapters as I am not that great at reading(though it's improved since I started up again).

I knew I wasn't crazy >__<

Friends are always welcome Wink

07/03/2010 10:42 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

no my friend you are so not crazy...sadly people with out fibro think we are..Im glad you have joined the group...

07/03/2010 11:02 PM
RockOnSMILE
RockOnSMILEPosts: 153

Thank you<3

Yes, I seem to have been realizing that myself. Moar think I'm either exaggerating the pain, pain is all I talk about because I want attention when really all I want is for it to stop!

I am glad I joined this group too Smile Thanks for the warm welcoming.

07/03/2010 11:45 PM
poppyflower

Hi there and welcome Smile

You are definatley not crazy Blink

Its all any of us want is for the pain to stop, and the sooner others realise that the better ....

take care hugs x

07/04/2010 05:59 AM
LockMan
LockManPosts: 828

Well, fibro can DRIVE you crazy, but that's a differant doctor....

07/04/2010 06:56 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

Welcome Smile Sorry you are having so much pain from the pain reliever. Sad I can't even imaging getting a shot in my neck!!

Have you thought about getting a second opinion, maybe by a rheumatologist? Finding a good one may help more than you know. Also finding the right combination of meds would make a huge difference in how you feel day to day.

All the best to you and hope you get some relief soon.

Karen

07/04/2010 09:09 AM
PCG
PCG  

Welcome, and donĀ“t worry, you aren't crazier than everyone else Laughing

Post edited by: PCG, at: 07/04/2010 11:24 AM

07/04/2010 09:17 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

What treatment therapy are you on for your MS? Many people with MS actually do have Fibro, not that Fibro can turn into MS but but that MS patients suffer from Fibro as well, not all just many. Studies have found the link like they did with Lupus and Fibro being related at times. I was told that "sometimes" by getting the MS into remission you can get your Fibro into remission. My first therapy didn't work well for me and I continued to progress rapidly but I have high hopes for this next go around. Smile MS in itself causes an awful alot of pain so it's a double whammy and some of it's basic symptoms are similiar to Fibro which makes it confusing to some but there is so much more to it than that as you already know. I wish you the absolute best and am here if you need someone to talk to. Feel free to pm me anytime. We are all here for you, you are not alone so keep posting! Hugs Wink

07/04/2010 09:18 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

07/04/2010 09:33 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello RockOn~~~

Welcome to our group ~~~

You re no crazier than the rest of us here ~~~ We all have our ""off"" days, believe me !!!

What you describe with your neck is exactly what I had for a long time (along with headaches). Once my PCP referred me to a Rhuemy, we took care of the nasty pain with shots of Lidocaine and Daypro40 combo.

I had the first shots almost 2 years ago and felt near immediate relief before I left his office. The second time was just 8 months ago and so far, so good. No neck / shoulder pain at present ~~~

I am going to look for the Fibro book that you mentioned . It sounds like something I would like to read and have on hand to share with others. I was amazed when I visited our large public library that they had very few and very old books regarding Fibro.

I look forward to getting to know you better in the future ... Smile

Marilyn

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved