MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/03/2010 07:47 PM

Does It Seem That We're More Clumsy.....

naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

than "normals"? My husband brought this up after I ran into the gate the other day, injuring my rib. I just wondered if it was only me, or have others noticed this?

07/03/2010 08:00 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You re definitely not alone in the clumsiness, Naddya ~~~

I am not nearly as steady on my feet as I once was as well as I trip over things that aren t there .

I also tend to cut it short going thru doorways etc. and end up bruising my elbows/arms . Sad

Marilyn

07/03/2010 08:50 PM
jenjen2
jenjen2  

Oh oh oh!!!Laughing me me me! Lol

My husband actually was seriously saying he needed to make me a padded room for my bad flair days and maybe many other days because of how clumsy I get. Lol W00t Whistling Laughing

07/03/2010 10:46 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

oh I think I can speak for the group as a hole,,nope you are not alone..

I am getting use to the drunk walk.shoot I thought about drinking to see if I walk straight,lol

keep things out of our way,lol

07/03/2010 11:54 PM
poppyflower

Well i definatley am, ... im always dropping things, walking into doors walls etc, im always covered in bruises, even bang my head on the wall routinley !! have no idea how W00t

And until i joined this site, i really just thought i was clumsy, my husband always says, what have you dropped now, when he hears a crash and expletives coming from the kitchen.....LOL

The only thing is, that if im on my own i cant get down to pick it up or clean up the mess, so he comes home to the floor covered in stuff Silly

x

07/04/2010 04:12 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

lol.... I hve always beewn clumsy...even more so over the last couple of years since my diagnoses... and now with whatever is going on neuro wise... things fly out of my hand magically like someone hit the back of my arm and startled me lol.. and walking into to doors tripping wacking my legs on desks beds countertops and things that i dont even remember doing or how i got the bruise.. lol Yep its normal in my world Smile

07/04/2010 07:02 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

Clumsy, clumsier, clumsiest!! Smile I used to be as agile as a cat. No more. I can't seem to figure out how close things are any more. Like, I hit my milk glass the other day with my hand and knocked it over. Now , I havent' spilled my milk since I was 4 or 5 yrs. old. And doorways must be smaller now too. Laughing

07/04/2010 07:21 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

remember dont cry over spilt milk...

I get mad now when I drop things (everyday) cause I have to decide do I pick it up..if I spill a drink I throw atowel down clean it with my foot and leave the towel for the next spill

07/04/2010 07:35 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

Boy, do I get that. I am very adept with my feet, have been for years. The hubs used to say I was the "monkey girl" LOL I can pick up most things with my toes, but it's harder now to get it up to my fingers. LOL

07/04/2010 01:48 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

yep! at least it's true for me, I walk into walls and trip over flat empty spaces. lol broken I too use my feet and toes to clean up spills or scoot things over to be picked up by someone else, cuz I falll over when I bend over. My kids joke that I walk like a drunk and I don't even drink!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved