MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/21/2010 01:44 AM

Deciding whether to go back to my fibro Dr.

JenniferPage

Ermm I posted a while back about the horrid abuse I received from the nurse at my fibro Dr's. ofc. I decided w/ my therapist that I would call the Dr. himself and did. He apologized and told me of some stress she was under and something she did that makes me wonder if she didn't have some remorse-but who's to know. He said if I came back that I could come in for appts. on her days off and get bloodwork from the hosp. It makes me feel a hell of a lot better about him, but I still feel unsure if I could trust again and told him it would take me a while to decide. For me it's hard to take a chance again and I'll have to talk it over w/ my therapist. I have a consultation w/ someone new and i should go to that before deciding. It's hard I know I tend to be too nice, but he was great until I got the abusive/inhumane treatment from the nurse. yes I realize he highered her. That weighs on me.

06/21/2010 03:09 PM
peasha
peasha  
VIP Member

As hard as it may be, it was the Nurse that was the problem and not the Dr. right? He may have been the one to hire her, but I don't think he would purposly put anyone in danger with someone if he knew that she was like that to begin with. Whether or not the nurse was having issues or problems doesn't excuse her treatment of you though, and for your doctor to tell you he is willing to work around that nurse to try and help you is more than some would do. I have had some rough nurses myself and I usually get the "well we never have problems with him/her we will check into it and get back to you" then nothing happens.

If the office itself is too much for you than don't go back, but if that doctor treats you in a way thats more beneficial than others than maybe you should try again. I have an office I go to ONLY cause the doctor there is one of the best I have ever had, other than that I get so much trouble from many of the "office" crew and billing and some nurses I hate it. Its his treatment that keeps me coming not everyone else.

Good luck

Alicia

06/21/2010 03:17 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

I think it's wonderful that he discussed it with you, gave you a reason and said he would work around it. That's alot more then most docs would do but still you're the one that has to be comfortable. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

06/21/2010 09:15 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I can't remember the exact situation you posted about but it was nice of your dr to take the time to speak to you about it and attempt to accomodate you however personally I would not want to go to a drs office that I had to tip toe around booking appts around a nurses schedule. What's the case if you walk into your appt one day and suprise she's covering for nurse Nancy who called in sick? It seems stressful just to keep a dr. As I said I don't remember the story but if it was that bad he should have taken action against her and if I were you I may not want to risk seeing her. In the end it's up to you. Best of luck!!! Hugs

06/22/2010 12:57 AM
JenniferPage

Thanx for all the good feedback. It's a lot to think about. He is good. I have a consult w/ another one in 2 weeks and want to talk more w/ my therapist before deciding. Ultimately I will be leaving this area-it has been very toxic, but don't know when or where. Leaving that to God to direct, but until then. I see my therapist tomorrow.

06/22/2010 01:02 AM
peasha
peasha  
VIP Member

Best of luck to you then. Its tough trying to work around stuff like that, hopefully your able to find a solution thats better than deciding between a nurse and doctor. We got enough issues as it is with what we deal with and doctor staff drama just adds to it. Hope your therapist is able to help you decide tomorrow.

Alicia

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved