MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/12/2008 06:51 PM

pain in left hand

Truebee
Jul  

hello, i have pain in my left hand. it started yesterday. it is in my fingers (middle and index). it is also in the palm of my hand and wrist. it started yesterday on my way home from work. my left side of my body is the worst. i usually have awful neck and shoulder blade pain. sometimes the pain goes up into my jaw. anyway yesterday my hand just started to hurt. it hurts so bad to move my fingers and make a fist. but after i make the fist im okay. then to open my had again hurts so bad. the pain and stiffness is awful. im also very bothered by it because i have changed insurance at work and had to change my rheumatologist. the last time i saw mine was in february and now the new one wont see me til december. the whole hand thing really has me going nuts. it hurts so bad. does anyone else have this or have had it. the pain in terrible and i was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on how to get rid of it or at least help it.

09/12/2008 07:13 PM
Sistrozzie
Sistrozzie  

Try soaking y our hand in warm water for about 5 minutes and see if that helps. Have you broken out in a sweat or had anything else unusual happen with the pain?

09/12/2008 07:15 PM
Truebee
Jul  

no just the pain when i move my wrist or fingers.

09/13/2008 10:22 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I get odd aches and pains that come and go too. Maybe try a heating pad or a cold pack. I have osteoarthritis in my right hand and a friend suggested I hold a crytal in my hand. She's new-agish and I thought she was talking about vibrations or something but she wasn't...quartz crystals heat up fast when you hold them in your hand and the heat kind of radiates back into the hand. It helps me somedays. Somedays not.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved