MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/16/2010 11:51 AM

heat vs fibromyalgia

gatorsrock1
gatorsrock1  

Cool hi everyone i am in florida aka the sunshine stateCool Cool the problem is monday was 102 and the heat index was110 and yesterday was 104. it has played the devil on my fibro riddled body to the point that i got so so sick that i had to literally spent the night at the er. was discharge at 11:00 this am. they thought i had had a stroke. great that is all i need. sorry i an complaining but i guess i just needed to vent. mdj is full of a great group of folks . i wish everyone much happiness and a painfree night love gator

06/16/2010 12:36 PM
PurpleFlower21

yep florida good ol sunshine state!

06/16/2010 12:58 PM
pkayjo
pkayjo  

Hope you are feeling better today. I cant stand being in the heat either. Kansas weather is horrible for me! Dont like the heat and the humidity.

06/16/2010 01:27 PM
youyou80
youyou80  

The humidity in KY has been horrible the last week. According to the weather channel things aren't looking much better for the week ahead. I find the humidity the worst thing ever!

06/16/2010 01:38 PM
RedGirl

The only time I want heat is from my heating pad. I hate having hot air in my face. I usually keep the heat in my house set at anywhere between 60 and 65 degrees during the winter. Sometimes even lower than that. Then I cuddle up with my heating pad(s) for my achy parts. I'll probably get a heating blanket for next winter. When I'm up doing housework or whatever during the winter, I'll start sweating even with the heat that low.

I've been told I'm just "never happy" with the temperature. (my ex -- nice guy -- wouldn't ever take me on a cruise because I'm just "never happy" with the weather. Can you tell I'm still ticked off at him for that? -- but I'm off subject here -- sorry)

Angry Angry

Oh well! Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Red

06/16/2010 01:40 PM
Kristie1972
Kristie1972  

i agree with youyou80. the humidity here in KY is the worst thing. i have got to where i can not even go outside. which i did when it first warmed up and the sun was feeling so good on my poor body. now i can not even go out in the heat and humidity..

06/16/2010 01:45 PM
PurpleFlower21

here in florida it gets more humed after it rains. once outside the house my clothes already soaked with sweat!

06/16/2010 09:10 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

06/16/2010 09:42 PM
BethG33
BethG33  

Hope you are feeling better Gator. Living in Alabama, yes the heat and humidity are awful on me as well. I remember a time when I absolutely looked forward to summer, but this has been the worse year for me. There is no happy medium here.

06/18/2010 04:42 PM
bittersweetlife

I'm right here with you gator, in FLA!!! The summers are brutal!!! I can hardly breath out there. My pain in through the roof with this heat and humidity. I am in my hibernation stage, LOL.....until Oct or November!!! LOL Then its time to come out and enjoy!!!! UGH....the sunshine state!! LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved