MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/14/2010 06:10 PM

Does anyone have pain from wearing a bra

stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

If this has been asked before, please forgive me because I have forgotten about it. It is extremely hard for me to wear a bra because it causes extreme pain in the rib area. Because I started cardiac rehab today, I went to purchase a sports bra and it is more comfortable than a regular bra. The pain is not gone completely, I have always had lots of pain in that area, but it has decreased the pain somewhat. Does anyone else wear a sports bra? Also, any other tips to stop the pain other than pain pills? Thanks for you advice. It is very much appreciated.

Much Love and soft gentle hugs~

Christine

06/14/2010 06:23 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Yes!!!!! Darn straight....even sport bras...... I have made some that aren't too bad, because I could modify them, but going to the doctor????

Or any place else???, oh well I guess I can just look like all the other little old ladies who sway as they walk.....sometimes I just wrap the whole area in this elastic knit stuff like they put on casts....I bought a whole box of the stuff and it wasn't cheap, but at least it squishes everything down and kind of holds it in place......

natty the warrior with that funny little sway.....

Post edited by: Natalia5150, at: 06/14/2010 06:24 PM

06/14/2010 09:49 PM
bittersweetlife

I wear sports bras around the house. They are very comfortable and I think they help with posture. I can't help wear the regular ones with wire when I go out. I need the support and don't like the way the sports bras fit under blouses. But they are very comfortable for sure!!

Nat...your silly!! LOL

06/14/2010 10:05 PM
jbrock06
jbrock06  

I've recently taken up wearing sports bras again. I still get some pain, but I am not sure if it is because the clothing bank at the VA gave me some that are just slightly too small. But what takes care of that, is a heating pad. And I usually don't wear one at all at home. It's kind of embarrassing around my FIL, so I walk around clutching my chest to me around him. But I need em when I go out because my past weight gain and loss, has given me that "little old lady sway" (BTW: Thanks Mama Bear for that little term! lol)

But yeah, for me, a warm bath or heating pad takes care of the after-bra rib-ache. And I know you didn't want to know about medicinal, but my somas help with that too, a little bit.

06/15/2010 04:01 AM
peasha
peasha  
VIP Member

Totally feel your pain man. It don't help that I am what is nicely called volumptuous in the boosom area. I use mostly sports bra's since most stores don't have the size I need. I found Nordstroms has a nice selection of sports/regular bra's that don't have underwire but are made to help with posture and don't put massive pressure on your shoulders or squish you to death. I wear those out and about cause they don't squeeze your ribs for support.

Sports bras I use a brand that uses a special material that helps cool the body and then an undershirt thats supposed to smooth out body bumps. These both don't hurt much cause the material is so silky soft its comfy.

As for the pain I usually to hot showers or baths. I also use my inhaler cause most of the pain I recieve is associated with my asthma and feeling restricted in my clothes. Rubbing the pectoral muscles by the shoulder helps me too.

06/15/2010 08:47 AM
niecsey

YEP ME TOO SOMETHIGN THAT HAS GOTTEN WORSE as time has gone by sadly Sad Now if l wear an underwire it drives me crazy big style sorry cant help you more x

06/15/2010 07:52 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Peasha,

Do you mind telling me what brand of sports bra you use. I would like to go look at one. Did you say you got it at Nordstrom. We have those here. I could go look on Sunday. Also, did you get the shirt at the same place?? If you would rather pm me than put the info out here, please feel free. I would appreciate if you could help me out with that. It would be greatly appreciated!!

Hugs~

Christine

06/23/2010 04:02 AM
HeadacheHeidi
HeadacheHeidi  

Hi ladies, i've been bra fitting for over 3 years now and would recommend getting a speciatly bra fitting. I'd say 90% of women wear the wrong size. I posted a threat about how to measure yourself correctly in the breast cancer thread. I will post link. Best of luck and feel free to ask me any questions about wearing the right bra, makes a world of difference.

Indications of the wrong bra size

It rides up your back, your straps fall down, you're spilling out of the top and or sides. Your wire pokes and hurts you.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/breast-cancer-support- forums/general-support/1617786-the-right-bra

best of luck Smile

Post edited by: HeadacheHeidi, at: 06/23/2010 04:02 AM

06/23/2010 06:50 AM
memabe
memabe  

When I fell last July and broke my arm I went to a sports bra and then realized how much it was bringing "me down" so I just went to Vic's and got a real bra and now I remember why I liked sports bras. lol Smile

06/23/2010 06:53 AM
HeadacheHeidi
HeadacheHeidi  

Victoria secrets does not carry the best sizes to be honest. La Senza and Victoria secret arent places I will never ever shop again. Maybe try looking for another specialty store where the carry proper sizes not just 34-38 A -DD.

Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved