MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/14/2010 08:32 PM

Creams, ointments for muscle pain?

prayin4sanity
prayin4sanity  

I've used bengay, icy hot, and many others creams to relieve pain in my muscles. My hubby hates the smell. I love the smell of these creams. So minty and old person like, lol! Anyways I want a powerful cream since I don't like to take the pills unless I'm completely desperate. Besides I'm not so sure they help all that much. Especially lately. So could everyone please post what you use so I can maybe try it.

05/14/2010 09:05 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I like Biofreeze the best, but mostly it's hard to find. I get mine from the physical therapists at the hospital but I've heard you can get it from chiropractors also. Do a search online too.

05/14/2010 09:30 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have never tried any types of creams or heard of any that worked mostly just complaints of being taken for their money but if you come across a good one let us know. Wink

05/15/2010 06:01 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I (even tho' it is prescription and about $25.00 w/insurance) prefer Voltaren Gel for my Fibro muscle aches.

However, (and this will sound crazy to some people), my hubby has relief with muscle pains using Absorbine Liniment Veterinary Gel from Tractor Supply Farm Store. Believe it or not, PCP said it is fine to use on humans !!!

Marilyn

05/15/2010 07:09 AM
karenmsmith77
karenmsmith77  

I have tried tons of them, but none of them really work for fibro pain for me, and I seem to be allergic to a lot of them. I found out I was allergic to biofreeze in a weird way. I use to see a chiropractor that used it all the time. I would go in get adjusted feel good and relieved. They would put me on the therapy beds, and spray me the biofreeze on. I started noticing everytime I went I would get really bad migraines and break out in blotches on my face. We finally figured out it was the biofreeze.

05/15/2010 07:13 AM
santos63
santos63  

There is a cream out there, check at a health food store, the cream has capsacin in it, it is like cayenne pepper, and it can burn you, if you are sensitive. I hear some swear by it, but I can't use it. Mostly , I just use moist heat. I don't have any pain meds.

05/16/2010 03:22 AM
recovered26
recovered26  

Biofreeze is the best! IcyHot got to the point where it was burning my skin - I couldn't take it anymore, but Biofreeze has been a lifesaver for me. I used it on my foot (which had a torn ligament in it) for months before my surgery and it was very helpful.

It is hard to find in stores, so I get mine off of Amazon.com. You can also get it off of e-Bay and both are cheaper than buying from chiropractors. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved