MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/05/2010 10:52 AM

Personal Question

pscrog
pscrog  

Ladies you do not have to respond but I have to ask. is your pain more amplified or worse during that time of the month? My flares are ALWAYS unbearble at that time and i'm wondering if it's just me. Blush

05/05/2010 10:55 AM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

It's not just you honey. I've seen women say this with just about any kind of disease with chronic pain. Me included~

05/05/2010 11:16 AM
pscrog
pscrog  

OMG and the migraines are the worst.I feel like I have to take a week off of work every month just to get by.Sad

05/05/2010 11:25 AM
Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

Yes absolutely.

05/05/2010 12:02 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

When I had those times of month, yes. IBS & Migraines especially. I used to call it my "second day of my period flu".

05/05/2010 01:09 PM
RoseofSharon
RoseofSharon  

OMG, YES! My period is unbearable. I sometimes think I am going to DIE. I take vicoden for the pain but it only takes the edge off. My doctor said it's not unusual for FM patients to have unusually painful periods. I've had two surgeries for endometriosis but that was a few years ago and my doctors said I'm all clear now. I WISH I could take time off work when I get the cramps but that is not an option so I suffer at work with them. I tried the therma-care heat pads but they just really didn't work for me. Ugh. You are not alone my friend. So sorry you are going through that. No one that has normal periods seems to understand it either. Hang in there!

05/05/2010 03:12 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

my period were never bad til I got fibro now i get mega migrines Tongue

05/05/2010 03:42 PM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Not just you sweetpea- Am exactly the same!! All pains intensify when it is period time, truly!! Definitely much more challenging- have to hang on really tight!! Yet, never seem to have a migraine at time of month !! Migraines just come on when eat something that reacts with me or have over pushed self/over active or having a stressful time- especially if lose a loved one or a pet.

Periods can be a real marathon too- one lasted 12 days one month, too!

Hold on really tight. Lean on us all, too!

Big gentle hugs, Clarita the bat girl SmileSilly 24T5025 22D black flying fox

05/05/2010 05:49 PM
pscrog
pscrog  

Wow is god to know Im not alone. I thought I was loosing my mind. They seem to be getting worse. this past year they are heavier and my pain doesnt subside. I take Midol like its candy and oxycodone at night. Its terrible.

05/05/2010 06:17 PM
newfiemama1213
newfiemama1213  

Wow from me, too. I also thought I was losing my mind. For the first 17 years of our life together, never had PMS. Cramps were easily taken care of with a little advil, no moodiness. NOW...OMG at first I thought it was because I was going through the change. I get SOOOO moody that I don't even want to be around me! And the pain in the lower back and down the legs is enough to make me want to pass out. 800 mg of ibuprophen only barely takes the edge off. This month will be my first one since being on the Tramodol. Am due soon and wondering how it's gonna go, cause from what I understand, I can't take anything else while on it. OMG I am so glad to know I'm not alone.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved