MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/04/2010 07:29 PM

Hecticness

MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

My husbands best friend who he grew up with called me while my husband was sleeping and told me his father had died today. They brought him to the hospital last night and they said heart burn sent him home with heart burn meds. He couldn't breathe and still had pain his mom called an ambulance. They said he had a minor heart attack so they checked him and said he had a 100% blockage and he ended up dying on the table. They said he would have needed a heart transplant with the damage if he had survived. He was young and seemed so healthy it was so sudden and very sad please hold the family in your prayers.

My father I just found out went in for surgery today but he didn't want to tell me because he says I go through so much he didn't want to upset me and add to my stress by worrying me. He left me a voicemail telling me he loved me and he would call me later I knew it sounded like a weird message and now I know why it was like a last I love you just in case because I don't think he has ever had surgery. Anyway he tore his bicep tendon and had to have it repaired I guess it took a few hours but he's doing well.

Prayers for a quick recovery.

My husband hurt himself at work Sunday night and he already suffers from chronic pain issues but he didn't think much of it so he kept going then it hit him hard last night so he left early. They had to file a report and are upset he didn't say something sooner but he didn't think it was a big deal but now he can barely walk. The dr gave him a note that he is disabled from work until re-evaluation next Tuesday but my husband figured he'd be back sooner. They have to go for drug tests when they do accident reports he did that today and now he has to go see their dr. It's so ridiculous he is trying to rest! The only reason he even told them about the stupid accident is because he has no sick days left and would have strikes if he took the time off. This is what he gets for being honest he should have used the FMLA but he just never wanted to jinx me.

Well anyway I just needed to vent and ask for some prayers. Thanks Wink

Love and Hugs, Stacey

rose

ugs, Stacey

05/04/2010 07:57 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I am so sorry to hear all this Stacey. You must dread your hubby waking up and having to tell him this news.

Your husband's injury happened at work, so it should be covered by workman's comp. If his doctor told him to take that much time off, he should do it. They can't count time off taken for workman's comp against him. If they do, it's considered retaliation against an injured worker and grounds for both a worker's comp case AND a civil suit. Try to make him do exactly what the doctor says to do.

I'm so sorry and I hope he feels better soon.

Hugs,

05/04/2010 07:59 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Oh I'm sending your father healing white light and wishing for an early and thorough recovery for him. How sweet to wait and tell you after...you have a very sweet Dad!

05/04/2010 08:21 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

My goodness, {{{Stacey}}} ,

That is an awful lot for any one person(s) to endure in a short time ~~~

I am sorry for your loss of your husbands' best friend . It seems that no matter if they ve been ill a length of time or it is a sudden passing, it is still a horrible shock .

My prayers and condolences ~~~

I can understand why your dad wouldn t want to worry you with news of his surgery but on the other hand, what if it had been something more serious and you wouldn t have been able to say your good byes ? I do hope your dad has a speedy and complete recovery from his surgery.

I m sorry that your hubby had an ""incident"" at work recently and is in pain also. It seems most of us don t want to make a big deal out of something rather trivial at work (injury) but sometimes it is best to report the most minute mishap. I DO hope he feels better very soon and that it isn t anything serious.

{{{HUGS}}} Marilyn

05/04/2010 09:04 PM
JuliaK
JuliaK  

Oh my gosh Stacey, it almost sounds like your husband works for the Post Office! That is how that are with any kind of accident. Even if they are upset with him for not complaining about it immediately, please make sure he follows up and is covered by worker's comp. Your Dad should definetely have let you know what was up and when he is better I would let him know so. We are dealing with a serious situation with my mother in law and my husband's Dad didn't want to "trouble" him. Well during a simple surgery her heart stopped and she was put in a medical coma from which they could not rouse her. Long story short, after back and forth from hospital to nursing home for therapy back to hospital etc. she is now in another coma. Even with everything we deal with, it is better knowing than not knowing. I am very sorry about your friend's Dad, sometimes our friends are just as close if not closer than our families. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Julie

Post edited by: JuliaK, at: 05/04/2010 09:04 PM

05/05/2010 06:01 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

Holy Cow my friend!!!!

SOSOSO sorru about your husbands friend that is just awful... my thoughts and prayers are with you all in this time of grieving..

As for your father I hope he recovers quickly and glad he is doing well...

and Hubby... hope he heals fast...That is just awful...Arent we all BIT OF TOUGH GUYS when we hurt our selves.. keep us updated on what the doc says...

and as always we are here for you if youneed to vent.. hugs girlfriend...relax yourself Smile

05/05/2010 07:34 AM
Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

So sorry you had a rough day yesterday, Stacey. I hope today is better. That's a lot of stress for one day. I'm emotionally a bit better today, but physically, I'm a mess.

Thinking of you!

Lynnette

05/05/2010 08:08 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

glad to here you are stronger mentally today I had apost written it was a paragraph long lol and it went poof Sad

05/05/2010 03:45 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Sending cyber hugs, thoughts and prayers to you Stacey, all of you actually cuz I love you guys. Stacey, are you okay hon?

05/05/2010 04:50 PM
rebchic72
rebchic72  

Sending hugs and prayers your way!!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved