MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/01/2010 10:27 AM

It's a beautiful day here and I feel like crap

ThinkingMomG
ThinkingMomG  

My husband and I were going to put our kayak in the water for the first time this season, but we didn't do it. I started feeling a flare coming on this morning, with some digestive problems, bad fatigue, and more aches and pains.

I did make it to the gym, where we walked on the treadmill (slowly) for 30 minutes. I started to feel better after that, now I'm paying the price for that.

I really want to get out today, but I'm not sure I can do much or be exposed to too much sun.

05/01/2010 10:31 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad and couldn't make it to your plans. I had hoped to do something today too since it's hubbys day off but of course feel like every other day. I am sitting outside in the shade at least. Maybe you can try that to at least get some fresh air, it may do you some good. Everyones different but it's worth a shot. I hope you find some relief from your flare. Big hugs, Stacey Wink

05/01/2010 11:27 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I m sorry you couldn t fulfill your plans for kayaking today, Thinking. I hate it when we can t plan ahead due the fact that we don t know how we will feel when we get up in the morning.

I felt kinda yukky this morning also for some reason . My hands felt very swelled and tight but they seem fine now, thank goodness.

We had severe thunderstorms roll thru about 5 AM and it continued to mist and sprinkle the remainder of the morning but since the temps are warm, hubby and I decided to brave the flea market (first this season) after all.

Still raining when we arrived and I was very surprised to see sooooo many people there despite the rain.

Hubby found a couple of bargains; I bought a couple of outdoor toys for grandson and a yard ornament for daughter. Of course, we had to have lunch there because the food is always soooo good.

Sun came out on the way home but clouds show that there are more storms brewing for later today in the West.

Now, hubby is napping and I m sitting here with the windows open, birds chirping and lilacs permeating the room . Smile Ahhhh, life doesn t get much better than this ~~~

Marilyn

05/01/2010 02:45 PM
Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

I'm sorry too. I hope you feel better soon. There are plenty more nice days to come...that's what i have to tell myself. i am also in bed on a nice day. Sucks, I know.

05/01/2010 03:28 PM
ThinkingMomG
ThinkingMomG  

Thanks, guys.

We did get to a local street festival today for a little while. It was warm out, but the sun actually made me feel somewhat better.

Kayaking is something that takes a lot out of me, but I enjoy it so much. We don't do that kind of white water stuff - we go slowly and enjoy nature and the scenery.

I stupidly wore some shoes that gave me blistes today, though. Duh! Wink

05/01/2010 04:42 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

It's still ridiculously chilly here in Oregon, in the 50s and Morti isn't too happy about me combing out most of his undercoat LOL...

I missed the mailman again the other day so I had to go pick up & sign for some meds and it's in the same neighborhood where my library is so I swung by there and picked up my holds. I had downloaded some songs from iTunes and realized that I'd taken all my cash out of my bank account so I had to cross my fingers that I could get some cash into my account before iTunes presented the debit from my account...think I made it LOL...couldn't believe how bad traffic was and it was really scary because I'm flaring again and driving takes every bit of my concentration--I can't even listen to the radio.

But I made it home safe and sound and I'm watching the Disney version of "Little House on the Prairie" ... it's fairly close to the books which I must have read 50 times at least, the last time about 15 years ago when I read them outloud to my daughter & stepdaughter. This version is SOOO much better than the Michael Landon series...but kind of scary here & there. Now of course I'll end up re-reading them again LOL.

I can't believe you have the ability to kayak with fibro! Just the position you have to sit in would kill me. Good for you for knowing your limits too. Your screen name is perfect for you, ThinkingMomG--except maybe in choosing what shoes to wear Wink

05/01/2010 04:50 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

i am glsd you got out at least that is something Smile.. I felt crappy this morning too and I had a kid wprkshop to run and I was like great ... but I made it thru that and the rest of the work day lol.... my treat for making it thru the day was ICE CREAM LOL it reached 86 here today and it is gonna be very very hot and humid here tomorrow and I have to work 8-5 ugh... humidy and I are not friends Smile at all

05/01/2010 05:25 PM
tiff3fish
tiff3fish  

I was reading through these posts trying to think of something inspiring to say but I have been distracted...

WHAT IS A FLEA MARKET????????????Wassat

I get market but FLEA...lol...

Tiff...

05/01/2010 05:28 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

its like a garage sale but more public lol

05/01/2010 05:37 PM
tiff3fish
tiff3fish  

Thanks for explaining that...

I Oz we have markets, but the FLEA really threw me, it made me think of dog/cat fleas...lol...

It's funny who we all speak english but have different language...I have had to explain some of my Aussie lingo (language) a few times...

but it's funny & makes me laughLaughing Laughing

Tiff...

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved