MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/21/2010 01:18 PM

got a new med:-0

crystalvision
crystalvision  

Well, new for me. I just got back from the doc's office and I go Flexeril 10mg 3x a day. My Doctor told me I might get sleepy, so when I get home take one and lay down...lol...after having to go to the doctor by myself...you don't have to tell me twice to lay down! So we will see if that combined with the Vicodin does any thing? I hope so! She is also going to call me back with my sleep test study thingWink She asked me why was I limping....I told her, "because it hurts to walk".....most people can at least walk with fibro, it hurts my hips to walk and my lower back.....where has this woman been for the past couple years!

04/21/2010 02:10 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Crystal,

I am laughing but not at you, at the way you write....you are funny, and yes, where indeed have our doctors been???

Flexeril is a muscle relaxer...rather mild, and goes together with vicodin nicely.

If you are not used to medications like muscle relaxers and codeine you should probably be sound asleep while write this....Hope it works for you.....I have been using flexeril and norco or vicodin for years and it helps greatly.

I dont expect to be totally pain free anymore....but its always nice when it happens.

hugs

natty

04/21/2010 03:00 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

The two meds together are definately fine, I hope you notice a difference and find some relief. Flexeril didn't work that well for me personally but everyone is different and many like it. They may make you feel groggy because you aren't used to them and they have that side effect but once you are used to them you may not even notice you took one (groggy wise) my husband could work on his and they didn't make me anymore tired during the day than I already was lol. Good luck! Hugs, Stacey Wink

04/21/2010 06:41 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

HI Crystal,

The Flexeril should help with your pain and any muscle spasms. I have only taken it for a short time several years ago (before Fibro dx) but I was having terrible back pain and spasms and it worked very well for me.

I don t remember the dose tho' or if it made me sleepy or drowsy even but I DO remember it being very relaxing. Smile

I have never taken Vicoden tho' ~~~

Hope you re feeling much better very soon !!!

Marilyn

04/21/2010 07:05 PM
crystalvision
crystalvision  

lmao..I was sound asleep by time the replies came...I just got up:-0 BUT BUT BUT..there's always that "but"...sleep for me is hard to come by so I'll take that Alex for 1,000!! At least I it "killed enough pain that I slept! >>>>again BUT..if that woman asks me one more time why I'm limping.....she's gonna get it...never mess with a in pain Fibro-Lass....it's not pretty!

04/21/2010 07:14 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I've taken Flexeril as well, and it's very effective for spasms for most people. I like my Zanaflex too, it helps me sleep. I hope you get some relief from your combo. I'm not lucky enough to get Vicodan.

04/21/2010 08:50 PM
bittersweetlife

I took flexeril for a long time and it worked great back then. I hope you find it helps you too, Crystal. You certainly are a pistol!! LOL

Hope your pain melts away!!

04/21/2010 10:09 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Flexeril works great for spasms, never helped me a bit with sleep which is why I liked it when I was still working...it didn't affect my mind at all, just my muscles.

I prefer the ones that gave me a bit of a buzz but the VA only gives Flexeril according to my doctor. I know that's not true, I have an uncle who gets Somas, but I don't think they worry too much about WWII vets getting addicted, unlike this Cold War vet with the addictive personality & the alcoholic Indian mother...

04/22/2010 05:48 AM
crystalvision
crystalvision  

Well it's working!!! Ummmm you may now call me sleeping beauty thoughSmile It has knocked me into sleep zone! I need to re-think when to take this stuff....like I'm thinking before bed! Too bad I can't take in the day...lol...she prescribed up to 3x a day....that would be good if I was a vampire...or a zombie, but being mere mortal....I'll stick to the Vicodin for day time but I'm so happy I have a night time, sleepy- pain-be-gone med

04/22/2010 05:58 AM
dawnsnewday
dawnsnewday  

Hi Crystal, I am very glad you found something that works for you. I hope you get lots of relief.

Dawn

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved