Ragna
Ragna  

Good Morning!

04/18/2010 07:21 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I hope you had a lovely Sunday as well! Mine was very very boring lol.

Hugs, Stacey

04/18/2010 08:30 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I got up at 6 this a.m. because I had my 2d sleep study last night. It seemed a little better than the first one, even though I was in the exact same room. The bed was more comfortable and I went to bed with the CPAP on. I woke up quite a bit but felt better when I woke up than when I went to bed...I had a migraine all day yesterday and could only take my meds twice because they contain caffeine and I couldn't take anymore after 2. So I took one of my carefully hoarded vicodin just before he hooked me up to the machine & all the wires.

The VA used to buy the cheapest machines and masks but got tired of sending people home with them only to find out the patients weren't using them due to noise, dryness etc. So I got a $2000 machine with a humidifier that makes no noise whatsoever, and prongs that go up my nose. No mask but just some straps. I woke up this morning and my migraine had actually gone away!

So I stopped and bought Mortimer a donut to make up for being gone for a whole 12 hours in a row LOL. Then I called some of my early rising friends just to blow them away that I was up at 8 a.m. I started to watch a movie I had & couldn't concentrate, so I put on a movie I'd watched twice and promptly fell asleep. I woke up, restarted the movie and went right back to sleep. I got 6 text messages and didn't hear any of them. My daughter called then & woke me up. I slept for 4 hours today, but on the couch w/o the CPAP. Oops!

So today feels like it lasted about 18 hours Smile The best part was the kids coming over and actually seeing my apartment all nice and clean for a change ... yesterday I swept, vacuumed & mopped and scrubbed every inch of my kitchen so I knew I'd be exhausted and be able to sleep during the study.

04/18/2010 08:43 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That is so awesome Bobbi, I really hope it makes a difference for you which I am sure it will. People I have talked to with Sleep Apnea had told me using their CPAPs noticed such a drastic improvement in that area of their health. Good Luck and keep us posted with how you are doing. Love and Hugs, Stacey Smile

04/18/2010 09:17 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I forgot how allergic i am to adhesives and now I'm itching like crazy where all the leads were attached. I think I'm also reacting to the ONE vicodin I took yesterday....I hate being allergic to so many things!!

I'm looking forward to firing up the CPAP machine, but think I'm going to end up totally reaarranging my bedroom to make room for it. I only have two outlets in the whole room!

04/18/2010 09:22 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm allergic to Band Aids lol but not regular surgical tape if they or I forget when they draw my blood and slap a band aid on me I get red itchy bumps the shape of a band aid.

My house is stupid all the rooms only have two outlets too! I hate that. Tongue

I have alot of surge protectors lol

04/18/2010 10:01 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I think I have one utility strip that isn't being used, so I can attach it to another one that's already in the bedroom. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that I can plug in the CPAP without blowing a circuit breaker! My renter's insurance doubled when I moved in here due to the ancient electrical system Sad

I'm allergic to pretty much all adhesives from bandaids to hypoallergenic surgical tape. After my tubal ligation, they put strips of the hypoallergenic tape across my bellybutton and I had to pull them off they hurt so bad. My doc didn't believe I could be allergic to it until he saw the welts himself. The welts lasted for months.

After my cataract surgery I made them use the paper tape and the surgeon was angry, said the shield wouldn't stay in place but it did and no rashes. So there is one tape I can use.

I think he must have taped something to my neck, because that's what itches the most. It's driving me crazy!!!

04/18/2010 10:22 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yeah that's what they use on me that white tape, it's in my charts but sometimes they are dumb and I have to watch. Most places around here only use the white paper tape now but I have run into a few dimwits lol

I hope your strip works and you don't pop a fuse, my house was built in 1960 and we have upgraded every single thing in this house except the electric. We still have glass fuses and a very low amp system. I go through them crazy if I have the kids vacuum and I run the microwave and toaster lol it's all over we are in darkness. We need to change it someday. Wink

04/19/2010 02:57 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Happy Sunday to you also, Ragna ~~~ (even tho' I didn t see this post yesterday so it is now Monday morning... LOL)

I hope you have a every enjoyable day !!! I worked (yes, again *sigh*) then didn t get to come here to finish off my day/night because the Country Music Awards was on TV and I had to watch that !!! Wink

Marilyn

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved