MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/14/2010 08:23 PM

Not much change

stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thinking of all of you with a smile in my heart because I know you are all with me in thought and prayers.

Not much change with my mom. If anything she may be a little worse. This is very difficult. I need some advice on how to handle all this. My mom is so very different than my dad was. My dad was a patient, wonderful appreciative man, and my mom, not so much. She is making it difficult for us to make things easy for her. It's a mess and I have cried many tears for more than one reason. Please continue to keep all of us in your prayers. We need all we can get.

Love you gals and guys, Many hugs to all of you~

Christine

04/14/2010 08:29 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

{{{Christine}}}

It is wonderful to see you here , if only to post not-so-good news.

How are YOU holding up ?

I am so sorry for what you are going thru right now and I know it cannot be easy to cope under such stress.

Isn t it terribly odd how one parent can be sooooo difficult from the other under stressful times such as this?

Just know that you are never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers ~~~

Hang in there ~~~ He will have the answers you seek ...

{{{HUGS}}}

Marilyn

04/14/2010 08:34 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

04/15/2010 11:15 PM
debbie1955
debbie1955  

Christine,

Hi, sis! I am still here in your purse it was a little too crowded in your pocket and sometimes you pinched me when you sat down. LOL

I am so sorry to hear your Mom is not doing to well. Just hang in there, you're strong. When it gets to be too much to stay with her, tell her you need to take a walk, and do. I used to do that with my parents and I would go outside (weather permitting) and just stand there.

I would sometimes find a lounge not to far away from them but far enough, and sit and cry. Some people will ask if you are alright, but just say you will be. Let someone in the family or your Mom's nurse know where you are in case they need to find you.

Honey, she is getting taken care of by the medical staff so don't feel like you have to be there all the time.

Be selfish, and just say no and take care of you. No one else is going to look out for you except hubby, so you need to.

If you need to, go home, have a good cry, say a prayer for tomorrow, take a warm bath or shower, and crawl in bed, and sleep. God is there with you. I keep telling Him to look out for you and to give you strength to get through this. He's there and ask Him to wrap you in His big warm arms and be with you through the night.

Wish I could be there with you. I have been in that kind of situation with both parents and my daughter and I know it is tough. Love you, honey.

Lots of love and hugs,

Debbie

04/16/2010 12:39 AM
faerie
faerie  

Oh hon, I am sooo sorry! I have been through the same situation so know what you are going through. The others have given you good advice. You need to look after yourself. I didn't and it made everything a million percent worse.

Praying that you are all given the strength you need.

Gentle hugs and much love,

Fairie

04/16/2010 02:50 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Christine, Keeping You in my thoughts, my heart as well as my prayers right now. All your loved ones are in my prayers, too.

Asking heaven to send you all the strength, courage, peace, loving kindness you need right now.

We are all here for you. This British friend of yours is rooting for you massively, too!!

Gentle hugs, prayers, Celtic blessings and much love, Clarita xooxooxoox

04/16/2010 03:33 AM
crystalvision
crystalvision  

I think Debbie is absolutely right! Do not feel guilty for needing a break.It is very stressful, and can be very taxing....You need to take time to re-charge your own batteries! It's ok, to take care of your needs too. Give yourself a break babe, and healing & energy to you!

Hugs, gentle hugs

04/16/2010 02:29 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Often when they get really difficult it's a sign that they're improving. I hope this is the case for your mother.

I agree with the others that you need to take frequent breaks. When my sister was hospitalized I'd join the smokers even though I haven't smoked a cigarette in 22 years. I actually was grateful for the 2d hand smoke, which was really ironic because that's probably what killed my sister....but I digress.

Take a day off if it's at all possible and spend it on the couch, napping, snacking and relaxing. It'll recharge your energy a bit and enable you to take better care of your mother.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved