MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/07/2010 04:20 PM

Sexual Side Effects of Savella

MariaK
MariaK  

Although the Savella was somewhat helpful, I begin tomorrow on a taper down and off....why? At my request....it is impossible to have an orgasm while on this drug.....at least for me...and we've tried everything...I can't climax....So this is the sacrifice I will make.~FYI

I am open minded to other treatments and have a referral to see a rheumatologist....

04/07/2010 05:01 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

Hi, MariaK! Welcome!

Oh, gosh, I hope that doesn't happen to me too!! I just started on Savella a couple of weeks ago. Unsure

...and my hubby and I had just perfected a "formula" (he does this, I do that...) for making sure I get to climax too! Sometimes I still don't...but it's a lot better than it was! I sure hope Savella doesn't send me back to the drawing board!!

04/07/2010 05:13 PM
aTinaL
aTinaLPosts: 11832
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey, Maria. There are a myriad of meds that may or may not help you. If you need any suggestions, just ask us! Or, you can wait and see what else your rheumy may suggest.

That is truly one awful side effect btw! I don't think we've had anyone else report this one, but then, we don't have to many people who opted to stay on savella anyway.

Keep us posted, will you?

04/07/2010 07:21 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Good Luck finding something that doesnt make you suffer in that way, we suffer enough as it is. I hope you find something that works better for you and I hope things go back to normal quickly since stopping and its not a long lasting effect. Hugs, Stacey Wink

04/07/2010 07:44 PM
bittersweetlife

Gee, when I was taking Savella, it made me sooooooo sick, sex was the last thing on my mind!! LOL Can't stay on a drug that takes away such an important part of life. Kudos to you for getting off it for that reason. I hope you find something else quickly that helps your pain that doesn't make you sacrifice anything else. I am on cymbalta. I have been on it for a while and have not had any sexual side effects. Since it is also approve for fibro, perhaps you might inquire about taking it. Good luck.

04/08/2010 11:37 AM
RedGirl

I perspired so much while I tried out Savella that I couldn't have had sex even if I'd tried. I think I'd have had a heat stroke. Your problem is one I haven't heard before with Savella. I hope it gets out of your system quickly so you can go back to enjoying your sex life!

Red Wink

04/08/2010 04:41 PM
bittersweetlife

Redgirl, I had the exact same problem, but add constant nausea on top of the sweating. It was a nightmare!!LOL

04/09/2010 10:50 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

How long have you been on Savella now Missa, 2 months?

04/09/2010 10:56 AM
Seventeen
Seventeen  

I think I'm one of few people that actually likes savella lol. I didn't have any of the nasty side effects compared to when I was on lyrica. Savella has helped regulate my sleep and helped control my appetite, other antidepressants I was on just made me pig out and not sleep. I'm young so I don't know about the sexual side effects but I think that most people with fibro are going to have a hard time sexually even without meds. Adding med sex killers just makes things even harder... all I can suggest is use a lot of pillows and be patient.

04/09/2010 10:59 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

lmao @ the pillows...you are too cute Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved