MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/11/2008 01:04 AM

neurontin and skelaxin

hopeandfaith
hopeandfaith  

HI, I would like to know some views on what you think of neurontin and skelexatin works. I am new at taking them and value other peoples thoughts.Wink

Post edited by: hopeandfaith, at: 08/11/2008 01:06

08/11/2008 05:16 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

hi I am anti Neurontin it almost killed me and several people I know had a hard time comming off of it..so many of us are effected diffrently to these meds.. it was ineffective so I was raised up constantly and was on 4800mg at the end please if you take this have a friend or family who does not live with you monitor you the mood changes are very unoticeable to the ones your around so much as in the case with me I didn't even relise it was happening and just thought it was normal considering what I was going through..

I take skelaxin now my self and it really isn't that effective for me but the side effects are minumal,,but as I said we are all diffrent,but always as I said with any new med exspecially the strong ones have someone keep an eye on you it can be scary and we are always here for questions and dont give up if you cant take one there are many out there and we've tried many...some here have good luck with neurotine so please Im not trying to frighten you from taking it I just had a very bad exsperiance with it and fear for people,gabitril,lyrica,gabatin,are some others

Post edited by: broken, at: 08/11/2008 05:19

08/11/2008 07:25 PM
hopeandfaith
hopeandfaith  

I feel I want to give Neurontin a try because it is my last hope. I am so much pain that I break down crying all the time. I have tried skelaxin before and didn't think it really worked before.I am dealing with so many illnesses and my son's health problems. I feel like I need to be strong for everyone and it hurts me when I am in so much pain I can't walk. Like I said I feel like it ismy last hop. Even though I hve noticed I am extremely tired on them. Thanks for writing back!

HopeandFaith

08/11/2008 11:12 PM
recovered26
recovered26  

At one time I was up to 2400mg Neurontin, but it didn't really do anything for my pain, so we lowered it back down to 800mg for my depression and PTSD, which is why I was originally given the med.

Everyone is different. I know it has worked well for others. I hope it works well for you.

08/12/2008 01:49 PM
kesslmama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am on 2700mg of Neurontin(Gabapentin) right now and I have not noticed any bad side effects. I started taking it for my migraines and then my doc raised the levels to help with my pain and seizures. I ran out a couple of times and once couldn't get any (no insurance), boy was I glad to get it back. Every one is different, so as with any new med just watch yourself carefully, and any extreme side effects report immediately your doctor.

fairy

08/12/2008 03:48 PM
Cornbread
Cornbread  

I take neurontin, but have to take it at night only because it knocks me out. I take about 1200 mg. sometimes more, but haven't noticed any help other than sleep.

08/12/2008 04:12 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

it took the edge off the pain but just an edge but the forgetfulness and depression was the worst part

08/13/2008 11:36 AM
Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

Neither one worked for me.

Wolfpack

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved