MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/02/2010 05:00 AM

Fibro cane

broken
broken  
Group Leader

I use to love making walking canes, my son got envolved also..I haven't done it in quite awhile but I was thinking what would a fibro cane look like to where it brings up conversation..so Im looking for ideas..please not to elaborate Silly .

to get us started one cane I use to make was a deer foot cane now it wasnt my idea but I saw one and added my own style..I can use diffrent things for like a handle then wood if that helps any mind get going..

thanks for the input

04/02/2010 08:02 AM
DaisyJ
DaisyJ  

The handle should be soft comfortable for the days when our hands are painful or slightly swollen. Maybe a little oversized for comfort.

I personally like colorful bright things with some sort of abstract design. If I am going to have to use one, I want it to be cool and not plain or oridinary. Right now I do ok without one, but there are some days I sure could use it!!! Take some pictures of what you end up with and post them. I would love to see it.

04/02/2010 08:10 AM
LockMan
LockManPosts: 832

I rigged a small magnet in the handle of my cane for picking up metal things without having to bend down.

04/02/2010 08:17 AM
Mooky
Mooky  

I recall one episode where House had a cane with flames on it, like a hot-rod...

04/02/2010 08:24 AM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

How about a positive-thinking cane: make the design be like a flower stem and leaves winding its way to the top, then the design of flower petals on the handle? To remind us that things still find a way to grow?

04/02/2010 10:35 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

very good ideas keep them comming and I love the magnic Idea..

04/02/2010 02:03 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I can't think of anything yet, I will keep thinking and come back to ya! I am still trying to decide what to do with mine. I want it to reflect my personality yet not be too flashy. Wink

04/03/2010 06:37 AM
LockMan
LockManPosts: 832

The wife wont let me get a flame job on my cane...

04/03/2010 08:34 AM
santos63
santos63  

I want a walking stick that is almost as tall as me...5" 1". I want it to look like a natural stick, thick, about 2 inches in diameter, with a smooth area for my hand about 3 feet up the stick and I want a little leather tassle on the top end to go through a drilled hole. I then want it finished with varnish, so no one mistakes it for an ugly stick. That would be my perfect walking stick - canes are tooo archaic! They are for old people! No offence anyone, I just don't want to appear old!

04/03/2010 08:47 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I don't want to appear old either but when you are unsteady and fall as often as I do it's necessary to suck up your dignity, they aren't that bad. Even though I didn't have it last night. Unless you just want the pretty walking stick for conversational sake. That's different.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved