MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/08/2008 10:08 AM

Help Advise needed

irish11
irish11Posts: 340

Hi everyone.......I'm so Angry..Get this ..I just received a phone call from Chris Murphy's office. Chris is our congressmen. His social worker called me to tell me that I got denied for SS again. I never received a phone call from my Atty or received a letter from SS about the decision that was made on July 30th. We were still submitting medical evidence up to that date.

I don't get it. The fibro diagnosis i guess came a little to late....I don't know...A phone call would of been nice!!

What happens now A hearing? ohhh Thats great when I walk in there....their going to think nothing' is wrong with me. I should use my cane on that day...I thought for sure I was going to get it this time...I've been emailing my Atty for weeks now ...sending all new reports...YOU WOULD THINK SHE WOULD OF TOLD ME.

OHH ya this Monday I get paper work from her to sign medical release forms and some other form I have know idea what it was. On one paper she types we are still working on your appeal fill out the paper work..YA think she would of said something then.

Anyway I just needed to Vent I'm so angry at this point...I personally thinks it because of my age..who knows

08/08/2008 12:43 PM
Sistrozzie
Sistrozzie  

Irish, it sounds like you've got your dander up, lol. Absolutely take your cane when you go to the hearing. Take a donut pillow to sit on. Take all of your medications with you and string them out on the table in front of you, then ask for a pitcher of water and a glass. If your dr will approve a handicapped placaard for you, take that too. Something has to change their minds! God bless you and good luck to you. Smile

08/08/2008 01:20 PM
Janilee

Irish, I feel for ya gal. Have you called your SSA rep yet? I can't believe that they would tell your congressman that it was denied and not tell you or your attorney. Here's a number to SSA that you can call to find the status of your claim. 1-800-772-1213. After all, you only have 60 days to appeal and almost half of them are gone already. If you were denied, I'd hit them up with everything. Cane, handicapped sticker, Pill bottles, family and friends who can testify that you are disabled, Keep saying HuH alot and "could you repeat the question" or "I don't understand what you are asking" When getting up from a seated position, groan alot.

Limp, shuffle your feet, trip over the invisible speed bump in the hearing room, Don't sit still, keep moving stretching yawning, start shaking or crying. Fake a panic attack.

Fibro hugs to you.

Jan

08/08/2008 01:34 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

Deep breath... in .... and out....

Otherwise- you're gonna have a full-blown panick attack! Blink

I "totaly" feel for ya! When I was denied at the appeal/reconsidertaion stage.... it took them (SSA) a whole 9 days to deny me! Angry My legal regpresentation was SO mad! Cause SSA hadn't even taken the time to request any additional documentation. They just plain denied me, without anything. Grr!

Here, I'll say it for you.... GrrRR!! GGRRR!!

Hang in there honey. A hearing can take a long time. I've been waiting for almost a year for one. I'm "supposed" to have one in September or October. At least that's what my legal help is saying. And I'm guessing it's gonna be October, since I haven't heard anything.

Just get that request for a hearing filed quickly. Then "try" and be patient. --- Hang in there!

Amy

08/08/2008 02:11 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

and it does take about a year to get seen in court you'll be so srtessed everything the Jan said for you to do will probably happen anyways I would first call your attorney and demand answers I would send a letter to the congressmen about your attorney and I would find an advocate because you might be able to get this delt with and not have to go to court,you must have used my attorny as well simular problems

08/08/2008 04:38 PM
recovered26
recovered26  

I am so sorry to hear they denied your appeal!! How old are you dear?

If you have any other medical or emotional/mental health conditions, be sure to get documentation of those, too. Anything and everything, even the smallest stuff. Not that fibro isn't enough in itself~!

It is strange how sometimes clients get the new before lawyers do. When I got approved, I called my disability advocate and he hadn't even been notified yet.

I would definitely call your lawyer though and see what is going on. It seems like she is not communicating as well and as often with you as she should be. She should be calling you to tell you that forms are coming and what you need to do with them, not just sending them.

I wish you the very best. *soft hugs*

08/08/2008 05:32 PM
irish11
irish11Posts: 340

I think I got my irish up this time. Thanks for all the great advice. Just to update I emailed my atty....I finally get a response from her which was "oh I sent you an email, but I guess you didn't get, yes you got denied we are appealing it". ya would think she would at least tell me what happens next or not to worry about it.

I also received the famous denial letter. I was blown away at what they wrote. The SS Dr said I could stand for 6 hours straight and sit for 6 hours straight. All my reports say that I can't walk or sit for long periods of time. I've had 6 knee surgeries I can't stand for that long. I wonder if they even read the reports. They also said that I could kneel and crouch down for extended time. I can't even bend my knee all the way and its full of medal I can not put pressure on it. I have NO idea where they came up with this stuff. It was like I was reading about someone else.

Oh and the Fibro was not mentioned at all. But I'll tell ya what was mentioned over and over again was my AGE. I'm not that young I'm 36 I think... my mom thinks I'm 35 its one of the 2 haha

I hope I don't have to have a hearing. Can they make a decision before the hearing date or once they set the date they wait till then?

If I have a hearing... I'll walk in doing the Tim Conway Shuffle ..I won't have to fake a panic attack knowing me I'll work myself up getting all nervous and end up in the bathroom.

All you guys did give me some good advise I think I will call SS on Monday . As far as the advocate I really don't know much about that or what they do. I'm also getting a handicapped sticker now ..I have been wanting to get one anyway ....I guess now is a good time. I will try and be patient... but its hard when everything is getting so expensive and your barely hanging on.

Good luck with your hearing Amy hopefully its in Sept the sooner the better

08/08/2008 05:51 PM
pinetree
pinetree  

Have enjoyed reading all of the messages, but am still trying to figure out how to get around this site.

I've had Fibro for 15 years and have been on SS disability for 10. I had a lot of waiting to do but I also had a good lawyer working for me. Also I got the disability because of other physical conditions and not the Fibro. I don't think they give SS disability on Fibro as the main cause, at least not here. I wish you the best, I know how you feel. I know you hear that a lot but I do care. God bless, Pinetree.

08/08/2008 05:52 PM
Janilee

Be sure to list everything you can't do in the hearing. Never say I can't do it, Tell them that "I am no longer able to do it" Put everything down on a piece of paper. Tell them that illness does not discriminate by age. I've read my Dr's records and half the time she doesn't put what I came in for. She'll say painful shoulder. She doesn't say how bad the pain is or how long I've had it or that I can't lift it or some nights it keeps me awake.

Don't lump stuff into one catagory. Treat each of your symptoms as individuals giving each a full description. Always leave the minor conditions for last. Don't forget to tell them about the eye sight, about hearing loss. When you talk about stress, hit them full force, trying to lead a normal life tell them about going on vacation, how it feels to make the reservations, how it feels to keep stopping so you can stretch how it feels to get there and be so tired you can enjoy it..

I should start doing this too. There was something on line I read that told me all of this. My attorney told me "this is your time to shine. Use it for all that its worth cause you can't go back.

Jan

08/08/2008 06:03 PM
Janilee

Welcome to our fibro family pinetree. You are right, SSA doesn't consider Fibro as an illness. That's why this place I found today said to treat each of your symptoms as individuals. I was all over the net today and forgot to bookmark it. If I find it I will post it. It gave all the conditions that SSA will approve you for disability. They even went to say fibro isn't one of them.

Jan

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved