lol, where in mass did you come from?

08/08/2008 10:02 PM
loril
loril  

me, too, I even chuckled out loud!!

08/09/2008 04:15 AM
TML
TML  

Cauddle99 said she's a walking barometer - I always say the same thing! Usually about 24 hours before it rains I start to hurt. I get pain and maigraines.

I live in PA and have allergies, so as far as weather? I can't seem to find a favorite time of year, except winter. It used to be fall, then spring. Summer was too hot. Now I dread all three of them because of alleries and dampness. I think I'm actually starting to appreciate winter more, since I've got the heat-flash thing going! And with the oil prices the way they are that's a good thing! In fact, last year my husband and son came home from our cabin one cold weekend and I had our thermostat set at 50. I'd been cleaning (probably one of the last weekends that happened! LOL!) and I thought it was broken, that it really had to be about 10 degrees hotter. I INSISTED it was broken, and to prove it I bought a refrigerator thermometer at the store and set it on the shelf. Well, it was broken all right. But it wasn't the living room thermometer that was broken...it was MINE! The one in the house was fine! Hey, saves on the oil bill, right! Gets cold around here... :o) Of course, now summer's WAY too hot and the electric bill's WAY too high! Like my momma always says, "You can always put more clothes on, but there's only so many you can take off".

08/09/2008 06:37 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

jan you know what I was up this morning at 4:30am and thought about getting on line and figured nah no one would be posting so earliy should have known you would I just laught when I saw what time you posted thank you for the laugh

Oh yea the topic was weather cant stay on trac for nothing..I was curiouse about Florida and hurricans any one have been through one just wondering how the pressure effects the pain

08/09/2008 08:40 AM
Sistrozzie
Sistrozzie  

Last night we had an awesome thunder and lightning storm and I stayed outdoors and watched it. I even had the grandkids stay inside the screen door to watch the lightning come down. It didn't bother me at all. I hurt no matter what it seems. I don't hurt as much as the rest of you do, though. Right now anyway.

08/09/2008 09:34 AM
Janilee

awesome photos of our storm on August 7th.

We were right on the edge of a nasty storm. We didn't get any rain or hail or winds. It was the wierdest storm I've ever seen as the lightning was still coming down even though you could see the sun shining.

Jan

08/09/2008 12:32 PM
loril
loril  

In Oregon we have beautiful summers.. and we (my husband, mr. anal, keeps the temp at 72 degrees indoors). But the minute anyone leaves the house, I turn the thermometer to 69.. in winter I'm without coats and everyone thinks I'm crazy, but my body temp is so goofed up,. I just have to be careful that I return the temp back to 72 or I hear all about the cost of electricity upon everyone's return..

hi I have question.. I am having depression , tough time with family especially with regards to fibromylagia, anemia, etc., do people talk about it in this group or do I go to a different support group? I sort of thought this one since it is fibro related, but then I thought maybe depression since I saw that one as a separate support group.... thanks,

08/09/2008 12:36 PM
Christine64
Christine64  

I never understood the whole Never on Sunday concept. I wouldn't do anything on one day that I'd consider wrong on a different day. I think that's kind of silly and hypocritical. But I suppose humans aren't known for being reasonable creatures. Or maybe some people do need a reminder once a week that they should consider what's right and what's wrong. I enjoy a glass of wine, or a freezing cold beer with Mexican food, and my inner voice never tells me there's anything wrong. Or at least it didn't until I started taking certain medicines. Now, I pity the poor waiter, if I order a beer. I become The Crazy Lady at Table Six. Very outgoing and outspoken, and never at a loss for words, if you can believe that. Silly

08/09/2008 12:42 PM
loril
loril  

Me too!!! Smile We would have fun at lunch together!!

08/09/2008 01:02 PM
Christine64
Christine64  

Loril, I wonder how many of us are married to a Mr. Anal. I do just the opposite of you. If the temperature goes to 70, I turn on the heat. I keep it at 80 during the summer, hate air conditioned places. You can't imagine how many times, in a cold store, I've grabbed a jacket off a rack to wear in the store, and then bought the thing because I got attached to it. I have so many in my closets.

I suffered in Maryland, from the cold, for about 40 years, and then I said Enough. We moved to Arizona, where I have now enjoyed six straight years of summer, and when people say they miss four seasons, I think they must have some weird mental aberration. If I wrote I HATE IT ten million times, that wouldn't say it all.

If I go to a house like yours, I have to ask for a blanket and hot tea. I shiver like Don Knotts. Am I nervous? Nope, just freezing to death.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved