MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/30/2008 12:35 AM

Update on Doctor Situation

recovered26
recovered26  

Here's an update on my doctor situation.

After I decided to drop Michelle and switch to a new doctor, I went on-line at Denver Health and found some of the doctors that work in the same building - on the other side of the clinic so I don't have to see Michelle and her staff. I found one that got her training at University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, which is a really awesome place! I did a google search on her and also found that she's done a lot of research, so I decided to try her.

I called the Medicare Member Services and told them I wanted to switch my PCP and they asked me why and I told them my doctor and I thought it was best, and they asked who I wanted to switch to and I told them. They said they'd send me a new Medicare card in 7-10 days with my new PCP's name on it.

I made an appointment with her, and it is for Aug 15 at 2pm. I am really nervous about it because I have been under Michelle's care for two years and I am used to beign shot down, made to feel hopeless, and being refused appropriate care. I am scared this new doctor will be the same to me.

I really hope not. I could use some prayers, if anyone out there prays.

Thanks so much for the support and for listening Smile

07/30/2008 01:53 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I think you ve done the right thing. It was far from right for Michelle to treat you the way she did. You need to have confidence and trust in any doctor treating you and if you feel uncomfortable with any doctor, it s time to move on.

I m glad you ve found a new one. Don t be nervous ...Be confident that he/she will treat you with the respect you deserve and hopefully, you will be allowed input into your treatment.

We re here for you, recovered... Good luck at your appt.

07/30/2008 07:43 AM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

You've come this far you will go the rest of the way fine. Do not go to that appointment thinking she will put you down.....go in there with confidence, this is a new beginning with a new doctor that is going to treat you right because you are not going to let her!

07/30/2008 08:42 AM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

Thanks for giving us the update. And I'm SO glad you successfully found someone else to see. Smile Smile

You will be fine. This is a new beginning of a wonderful treatment of care. Think possitive! Don't talk about the past when you're seeing this new person. Just forget it and move forward.

I have a gut feeling that this new doctor is going to have wonderful ideas of treatment for you. You will feel a lot better. Even if your emotional well-being is better, and only a little of the pain aspect. It will be good!

YAY!! New doc!

07/30/2008 10:33 AM
Janilee

Broken, I'm happy that you got a new Dr without any hassle. Go in there with a smile on your face and beaming with confidence, after all, it was Michelle that "suggested" you find someone else whether she meant it or not.

I'm rootin for ya lady and I'll keep you in my prayers that all goes well.

Jan

07/30/2008 10:34 AM
Janilee

Dang, I wrote the wrong person's name down.

Meant to send that to recovered.

Sorry, fibro moment here. Sad

Jan

07/31/2008 12:21 AM
recovered26
recovered26  

Thank you everyone for supporting me through this. I really apppreciate it, and I'll definitely let you know how the new doctor is!!

07/31/2008 12:31 AM
cinnamon
cinnamon  

When you see this new doctor, tell her you need a doctor that is going to take care of you and your fibro, You need to let them know up front that if not then its a waste of your time and theres. When I saw my new doc I told her those eact words and she is the best, I to had to change on my insurance and it took about 7 days to get my new card, Im on SSI.I use to live in Golden Co. and I love it there, Im suppose to be in Denver in October and would be nice to hook up and see how you are doing. PM me if you want to ok... I have seen about 5 doctors here in this small town looking for the right one, Now I drive to Albuquerque once a month to see my new one and its worth the gas and time to do so. i know I pay for the long drive by the time I get home im hurting realy bad. But glad you are makeing a change and I pray its for the best for you. Hugs Cinn..

07/31/2008 03:58 AM
Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

Recovered,

You've really come a long way and still are! To have gone online and found this new doctor is not easy and takes courage. I don't blame you for being nervous. After being treated poorly for so long it's easy to expect it from someone new, but try to go in with the attitude that things are going to be BETTER. Maybe not ideal, but better. That way if you get a positive response at all, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I think you will find that (hopefully) this other new Dr. is more reputable and respectful of your needs and can give you some hope. You might even want to tell the new Dr. up front that you've had a bad experience with an abusive Dr. and are nervous about switching. She might go out of her way to ease your mind.

Good for you for plugging along and hanging in there. I know you've been through hell lately and I give you alot of credit for continuing to try. I have a plaque on my wall that I'm going to get and type in for you:

COMMITMENT

"True commitment begins when we reach the point of not knowing how we can possibly go on, and decide to do it anyway."

That's you!

Wolfpack (Cindy)

08/01/2008 12:09 AM
recovered26
recovered26  

I LOVE the commitment plaque, Cindy!! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved