MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/28/2008 08:03 PM

Pain at bottom of feet upon awakening?

Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

I get this terrible pain at the bottom of my feet that wakes me up some times it's so bad. I have trouble walking when I first get up. Someone had mentioned heel pain before but this is the whole bottom of my feet. Anyone else have this problem. Is this in any way related to diabetes or a symptom of FMS. I don't have any other symptoms of diabetes.

Wolfpack

07/28/2008 08:16 PM
Janilee

It could be related to the Diabetes. I sometimes get it but at night and my feet bottoms are red and warm to the touch. I have Diabetes in addition to the other conditions on my list. I did have a bout of plantar facitis last year on my left foot. It felt like someone was trying to open my foot up with a hot knife. It hurt to walk on it and when I got out of bed in the morning I had to walk on my tip toes for a while.

Dr said to soak it three times a day in warm water and try to stay off of it for 6 weeks. As if I could do that LOL. I just got a comfy pair of tenny runners and wore them all summer. I did find out that the cause of my plantar facisitis was a pair of cheap shoes with those european soles that I bought at Wal Mart. Needless to say, I don't buy shoes that cost $3.00 any more.

Hope your tomorrow is pain free.

Jan

07/28/2008 09:52 PM
Hudson

Hello, I have pains in the bottom and sides of my feet and I am not diabetic. I get it mostly at nite.

Linda

07/29/2008 02:41 AM
Barbkubacki

When I wake up the bottom of my feet and my knees are both killing. Right now pain level is 8. It 5:30 in the morning and the pain woke me up.

07/29/2008 04:47 AM
joan59

Hi Wolfpack,

I have that problem also, sometimes they hurt all day long. I'm not diabetic either. They think some of my pain is related to the Ileitis I was DX with in June. This is in the Crohns family. These are tied together in with the Autoimmune Diseases.

Take care and soft hugs.

JoanSmile [img]

07/29/2008 05:43 AM
mysticwolf43
mysticwolf43  

Hi Wolfpack, I too have that problem with my feet only mine lasts all day everyday..I have to use a cane to walk and my arches are about gone!This started about 4 yrs ago and has progessively gotten worse. I had a nerve test done and the results showed that I have neuropathy in both of my feet. My Dr. has put me on Lyrica, sometimes it seems like it's helping, other times I feel like flushing them along with my other meds I get so frustrated because nothing helps with the pain! I am not diabetic, I have a back injury from 14 yrs ago, and I also have nerve damage from that. Hope this helps you out!

Take it easy and lots of gentle hugs are being sent your way!

Deanna

07/29/2008 05:53 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I too am in the foot pain club,I absulotly hate wearing shoes but recently had to buy slippers my feet burn and hurt like walking on rocks all day,my husband has bad foot pain all his life my mother-in-law showed me a trick soak a cloth in rubbing alchol and keep washing your feet in it surprising this helps and you wouldn't believe the heat that comes off try it and let me know I think it will help

07/29/2008 06:16 AM
jls1021
Jill1021  

Hi Wolfpack,

OMG I so know how you feel. My feet upon waking hurt so bad I want to cry! It feels like the tendons and ligaments in my feet are so tight and that every bone in my feet are broken. It is so painful and hurts so badly to walk that there are times I don't even want to walk, this happens every day all the time, it usually lasts for me for about 2 hours and returns at about 4pm and lasts until I go to bed.

I know how your feeling! I don't have diabetes or anything like that either, but yeah its pretty painful and I know what your feeling!

Hope you can figure out something to help the pain!

07/29/2008 06:27 AM
mysticwolf43
mysticwolf43  

May we all walk on soft, fluffy, grounds that no longer hurt our feet!!

LOL....what a dreamer, eh? I doesn't hurt to wish for these pain free days, does it? I'm sending you all soft, fluffy, gentle hugs!

Take it easy everyone, talk to you all later!

Love & Hugs

Deanna

07/29/2008 09:34 AM
Janilee

I'm going to try the rubbing alcohol thing. Maybe it'll work on my feet. I'm also a tenderfoot. My DH could walk on our stone driveway and not feel a thing. I had to have shoes on to walk on it cause it hurt my feet so bad. I like the soft fluffy ground wish.

Jan

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved