MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/26/2008 06:28 PM

so i thought i was coping just fine

Nicolelm18

but i think i've just put this fibro on the back burner and have kind of tried not to think about it. anyway, it caught up with me, and now i'm so sad. and just so mad...i want to say more, but i dont feel like talking about it, let alone typing.

07/26/2008 07:47 PM
meleggs
meleggs  

Sorry to hear you are feeling crappy. Unfortunately I think what you are going thru is very common with this condition. There are times you just want to feel "normal" so you start doing normal things and- for someone as young as you are- your friends are probably doing a lot so you try to keep up with them. After some time you pay for it. I can only say it is typical and it's ok to feel bad about it. Sometimes you just need to be in touch with your feelings. There are times you are not going to be as emotionally affected by fibro and other times you are hyper-aware of all that you are feeling and quite frankly you get sick of it.

Take care of yourself at a time like this. Cry if you have to- try to do something that is comforting to you i.e. get a few movies and chill out at home and rest- read- whatever is not too taxing and basically relaxing.

You'll make it thru this time Nicole- but anyone with a chronic condition is going to have ups and downs in regards to dealing with it.

07/26/2008 11:23 PM
recovered26
recovered26  

I hear you loud and clear! I did the same thing for a long time. I think I still do it a lot. It is easier not to think about the limitations and just try to go on with life. But once you think about it, you realize what you've lost and you have to grieve. It makes me sad to know this is what you are going through, too. You have every right to be sad and angry.

I am here if you ever want to vent or talk or anything.

07/27/2008 01:05 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sorry you re having such a down period ... Think POSITIVE ... The new week WILL be better !!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

07/27/2008 02:11 PM
Nicolelm18

thanks guys. i'll try and look on the bright side for this new week. i just am not sure what the bright side is at the moment. but it will come to me i guess.

melegss i took your advice and did do what made me feel good. i had a movie marathon haha.

it's just so tough being young with your life jst starting and already there are limitations. i think about stories my parents have told me about how young and crazy they were when they were my age and sating/married. they would just go on a road trip..or on a whim they would fly out to the san diego zoo...or my favorite, they just decided to ditch work (love that idea haha) and go to the beach for the day.

so, i just can't help but think that i wont have that. i wont have young and "Crazy" days to look back on. Instead i'll remember the naps i had to take, or the books i read...or the taking a walk on a nice day and feeling like that was some sort of stupid accomplishment.

also, i cant stop thinking what a lousy date prospect i must appear to be! i mean, i know one day i will find that one guy that won't car that i'm this way and will be supportive, but i dont think i'd let it happen, you know? i would try and tell him how much easier it would be if he just looked somewhere else. and if he stayed, i would feel guilty because of how much he would give up just to be with me.

i know this is crazy talk, but i just needed to vent

07/27/2008 02:42 PM
meleggs
meleggs  

Again- don't assume you'll never find somebody because you have fibro. For me- and I can only speak for myself- it was easier HAVING it when I met someone as opposed to developing it while in a relationship. My now husband knew early on that I had limitations. There are men out there that don't need to be on the go all the time to be happy. My husband is one of them. He's a homebody like me and we are comfortable that way. We go out occasionally but he knows if I don't feel well the best thing I can do is rest and he doesn't push me.

Nichol there is somebody out there that can appreciate the other gifts you have besides energy. Someone will appreciate you for your intellegence, humor, caring nature etc. You'll be surprised as you get older how for most people running around isn't the main priority. Being with people you care about and finding peace in your life in whatever situation- is.

07/27/2008 07:24 PM
Nicolelm18

thanks meleggs, and i know all of that, i guess i just needed someone to say it back to me. i'm just going through a down mood at the moment, in a week i'm sure i'll be my old happy self. thanks for listening and being there. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved