MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/01/2010 05:48 PM

help...anyone

davesprettylady

My fiance is having a really terrible flare right now. He's on the bed crying because the pain is so bad. He keeps asking me to help him or make it stop. But I can't. And he's already taken all the pain killers he's allowed to take for right now. Sad

03/01/2010 06:03 PM
mrsbcheno

Just had a horrible flare myself and I know the pain. Hot, Hot baths, showers, heating pads, icy hot, prayer, and love if he's had all his meds.

I'll be thinking of him.

03/01/2010 06:04 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh, you poor thing, both of you! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Try to get him into a hot bath, heating pad, hot rice sock, or something similar. The heat usually helps. Try to get him to relax, yeah I know, easier said than done. Try to distract him from the pain. I know what he's going through; I've been there myself. Just remember that this, too, will pass.

03/01/2010 06:20 PM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

go to the e.r

he may need muscle relaxants and an anxiety med. the combo has helped me

03/01/2010 06:40 PM
davesprettylady

He adamantly refuses to go to the ER. "Emergency rooms are for things that can kill you, this pain won't kill me" -_-

Hot bath won't work either, we live in a dorm, you never know what's crawling around in a bath tub.

We've got the heating pad, and I've been rubbing his chest and reading some of your guys' personal stories so he knows he's not alone. It's helping a little, he's calming down a bit.

Thank you for the help.

Post edited by: davesprettylady, at: 03/01/2010 06:40 PM

03/01/2010 06:59 PM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

He's definitely not alone! I hope he gets relief soon. I hate that feeling when you know you've taken all the medicine you can safely take and still get no relief. You're doing him wonders just by standing by him and trying to help Smile Having supportive friends is one of the best medicines in my opinion. Hopefully he finds sleep soon and can rest comfortably tonight. You're both in my thoughts. Lots of Love.

03/01/2010 07:07 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

If he won't go to the ER, how about seeing his doc?

I am so sorry, the flare is out of control.

Did he take his pain meds BEFORE pain level was high?

The reason I ask is because once pain level has hit a high number it is very hard to stop it from going higer or lowering enough for easement.

Maybe pain won't kill you, but it is the body's way of telling you something is wrong.

I wish he would consider the ER.

Hugs

03/01/2010 07:16 PM
davesprettylady

he's been taking the pain killers throughout the day because the pain was bad, he took one at around 5:30 and the pain started getting really terrible around two hours later (he's only supposed to take the medicine every 5 hours)

He's at least able to sit up and eat something now. Thats a start Smile

03/02/2010 12:06 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

iTunes has some podcasts on mindful breathing, and relaxation techniques...they helped me get through a bad headache the other day. They're almost hypnotic to listen to.

I can't imagine having fibro and living in a dorm.

You're a very sweet girl to take care of him like this. Bless you both.

03/02/2010 12:30 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Someone mentioned anti-anxiety meds. Even if he doesn't go to the ER, he should check with his doc and see if they won't give him something for anxiety. A lot of us are on klonopin and I know it helps me.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved