MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/19/2010 08:51 PM

new to this page...

Bella91
Bella91  

I'm on this group to support my mom. It's hard seeing her go through this but only two people out of the family is supportive about it. It's even hard on the days we can't hug her or see her suffer through painSad

02/19/2010 09:37 PM
fibrochick76
fibrochick76  

Hi Bella,

Welcome to the group. I know that there are other people here that have joined in support of a loved one as well. It is wonderful that you are doing what you can, to offer as much support as you can to your Mom. As a fibromite, I can assure you that your support probably means the world to her! It's too bad that there are only 2 of you in the family that are showing her support. Do you think that maybe it's a case that the other family members are not well enough informed?

Educating yourself on what your Mom is going through, will be one of the best ways you can show your support.

Is your Mom recently diagnosed?

I'm so glad that you found our group here. You will meet lots of great people. Feel free to ask any of us questions or let us know how we might be able to help you. I look forward to getting to know you.

(((gentle hugs)))

02/19/2010 10:46 PM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the family, Bella. It's so wonderful for you to have joined us in honor of your mother. So many times people just don't understand what we go through, so they distance themselves. I understand completely. You stay strong for your mom, and support her as much as possible. It's the people who ARE there for her that matter. Don't for get that.

Sha-Marie

02/20/2010 08:09 AM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the family Bella! Yes, we do have many members who are here to find support for a loved one. We also have a group specifically for family members: www.mdjunction.com/fibromyalgia-in-the-family

That's not to say that you can't post here, that's not what I mean! But it's just another option for you. I hope you will enjoy it here as much as I do! Feel free to ask any questions or send me a private message if you need to!

02/20/2010 09:47 AM
Bella91
Bella91  

Thank You everyone..she was diagnosed with it two years ago. Other family members know but they dont understand what she goes through after times of explaining it to them, so she doesnt talk much about it anymore with anyone. Just to my stepdad and I. It really is hard to see her suffer through it. I like it on days when we can actually go do stuff and have fun but the next day she is sore and cant move Sad then I feel bad if I get sick because then I cant be around her because her immune system isn't strong enough to fight it off. I'm hoping she will be able to get insurance soon. I gave her my medication from my accidents and surgery so she can get rid of some pain.

02/20/2010 12:08 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group! I am sorry your mom is suffering. Feel free to ask any questions, there is also the family group as well you can be part of both. Does your mom have access to the internet, it would be nice if she could join us, its nice to see you are not alone when you are suffering from an illness. It is very supportive here and she would get alot of comfort and understanding here. I wish you both the best. Stacey Smile

02/20/2010 02:26 PM
Bella91
Bella91  

yep my mom is on this page she is acutally on my friends list..dont know if you guys can see friends we have on here. she has gotten a lot of information and advice on here compared to the facebook pages they werent a help what so ever and they wouldnt respond to anything she would put. she really likes this site. Smile

02/20/2010 02:32 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Facebook is ok depending on what illness you are seeking support for, like their MS Group is very large and they are helpful. I just dont like the set up as much as I LOVE the set up here. Their discussion boards are lame. The people are helpful but since I have such overwhelming support and friends here I never bothered with the Fibro Group there. This site is also geared more for health support so that helps. I am glad she is here, what is her profile name?

02/20/2010 03:16 PM
Bella91
Bella91  

ya i think a lot of people like this site its really calm and no one is judgemental towards others.

02/20/2010 10:35 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved