MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/10/2010 12:44 PM

Why is it always me?

mjcolenc
mjcolenc  

I am supposed to go to the doctor tomorrow to hopefully get off Savella cause it is making my palpitations worse, making me not sleep now for 3 weeks and when I do, I am having nightmares. I had a horrible one the other night about someone ripping my 2 year old granddaughter to pieces in front of me. I am having trouble tolerating hardly anyone.

But the problem is, we are now under a blizzard , white out conditions, warning straight thru tomorrow. I am to go to doctor at 11 and also get my asthama, thyroid and blood pressure medicine refilled tomorrow too.

02/10/2010 12:56 PM
amommy02
amommy02  

Oh no! I hope it let's up and you can get out tomorrow.

02/10/2010 02:29 PM
Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

I would start on the road at 8am then. LOL. Anything it takes to get there.

02/10/2010 03:18 PM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Hope you manage to get to your doctor appt okay. Hope also that you find the right meds for you plus ones that do not give you nasty side effect. Nightmares can be very scary as well as really real feeling. Never had nightmares like the nightmares sometimes have with fibro- sometimes wonder is it the pain meds that cause the nightmares or the fibro itself?

Anyway, praying for not just a breakthrough in the weather yet a breakthrough in your treatment so you start to feel more upbeat as well as more in control. Also, hope plus pray that you will have a really good night's sleep with only sweet dreams too.

Take excellent care of You MJ! Gentle hugs are flying their way to you from Devon Britain , right now!

Warmest wishes, Love, Clarita Smile xooxooxoox

02/10/2010 03:28 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I hope you can make it MJ. The pictures of DC are just amazing! I feel bad for all of you trapped in "snowpocalpse". I have an aunt who was in DC for a meeting. She was due back Monday. Another friend is relocating from Boston to AZ and has been stuck in Boston for days. She posted last week that she'd shoveled her driveway for the last time...a little prematurely!

02/10/2010 03:33 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Where in Boston is she? I am in Mass and we are just getting our first snow in forever. We were expected to get a HUGE snow storm they said a Noreaster with 14 inches so they sent the kids home early and then nothing came lol, it started snowing a bit ago and its still nothing to write home about just light snow. Weather people are so silly sometimes, its always opposite of what they say. They are now saying maybe 3-5 inches haha, now that they say that we will probably get 24 inches overnight LOL Tongue

02/10/2010 03:45 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I'm not sure where exactly she lived in Boston. She just said that her flight was cancelled today and she's hoping they don't get much snow tonight so she can get out tomorrow. Facebook Smile

02/10/2010 05:27 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

02/10/2010 05:46 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh my, I DO hope you will be able to get out to your appt. tomorrow .

Thank goodness, the horrible mess (snowstorm) we were to get this morning didn t materialize after all. It was actually easier driving in to work this morning than it was getting home yesterday afternoon .

I wish you the best and whatever happens, stay warm, stay safe and let us know how things went ~~~ Try not to stress yourself over getting there or not.

Marilyn

02/10/2010 07:08 PM
Wintersnow

Maybe your doctor will call in a weeks supply. No need to risk it to go in. I live in the DC area and am so sick of the snow. Our power was out for 45 hours last weekend. (From 3 am on Fri to midnight Sun) Our house is total electric and we have no fireplace plus we could not get out to the road. Between all the stress of trying to sell our other house in this weather, the cold and shoveling I just don't know how much I can deal with.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved