MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/25/2010 02:43 PM

Winter storm taking toll on body!

angelcamsmom

Hi guys it's Jamie, I'm newly diagnosed and am finding that my fms gets bad as storms or weather pressure changes! We have a very large winter storm moving in and my body hurts in places it hasn't before! Is this normal or happen to anyone else? I was supposed to go to dr for change of meds fri but do to weather I had to move it to next fri! I'm n lots of agonizing pain! I have pain meds Left over from numerous things and am tempted to take them! Does anyone else have this weather prob?? I'm going next door to my neighbors to set in hot tub after dinner for some relief! Can anyone help me out???

Thank you for being here!

Jamie angel camerons mom

01/25/2010 02:56 PM
meglyle
meglyle  

Oh yes! I am our family's official weather-body...my body can tell you when the weather is about to change. I think it's one of our "perks"! Cuddle up with something warm - this too shall pass.

01/25/2010 03:09 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Jamie, I think most of us are indeed more accurate then the local weather people. Some of us do better in the heat while others do better in the cold. I need something in the middle but if I had to chose, I would stay with cold because I suffer so much in heat and ecspecially humidity. Hot tub is a great idea, hope it helps Smile

01/25/2010 04:03 PM
slopokidog
slopokidog  

Oh yes, my body reacts to weather. Winters are worse, but I dont feel too good on rainy days in the summer either.

01/25/2010 05:47 PM
angelcamsmom

Well the hot tub work for the moment but that's it! My bodys aches and pains are all back! Except now I've added a headache! This to shall pass but until then "holy smokies"!!!

01/25/2010 06:19 PM
FibroSista
FibroSistaPosts: 48

Hi, I am FibroSista and I am new to the group. I too am a great weather predictor. I find I am worse in the winter, especially with snow falling, but the rain and humidity cause my Fibro to worsen too. We have a hot tub at home, but it is a great deal of maintenance and I seem to be the only one who understands the chemicals. I also find I am too much of a weenie to walk out on the cold deck to get to it in the dead of winter. I have put some serious thought into moving south.

01/26/2010 04:01 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Good (Tues.) Morning, Jamie,

Sorry to hear that you are suffering pain with the severe weather change. That is very normal for someone with Fibro. Sad

Severe cold and damp in the winter as well as some humidity in the summer really bothers me .

I hope you feel better very soon ~~~

Marilyn

01/26/2010 09:13 AM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Hi Jamie, it looks like it's unanimous so far. My body also should've been a meterological tool. (Joking) We were also in the middle of an ice storm/snowstorm/windstorm and my pain was just awful. It nearly seems like wind bothers me more then the cold does.

Going to the Y and sitting in the hot tub, going to a tanning bed, or a lot of exercise seems to help me. I also go for massages or just use a vibrator on my back or most painful areas. Icy hot or something like that helps, too. But unfortunately, I'm nowhere near pain free no matter what I do to ease the pain. I don't do meds well and that's another problem. I can't use them to help control the pain I feel.

01/26/2010 03:03 PM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

as you will see, when others rspond, that yes, we are effected by weather...barometric changes, cold or extreem heat...empending storms. We should be weather announcers loll

01/26/2010 08:33 PM
phire009
phire009  

Gee just think we could ALL be paid for our pain as weather predictors, by now we'd all be pretty darn rich, I could definetly handle that!!!!!LOL LOL LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved