MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/04/2008 08:07 PM

Lyrica law suit.

Janilee

Has anyone else seen the ad on TV from the Class Action attorneys about Lyrica?

I've only seen it twice but it urges people who had loved one commit suicide after taking Lyrica to contact them for information on a class action lawsuit.

Jan

07/04/2008 08:12 PM
tdecker68
tdecker68  

I have seen that too..... That is just horrible. I ttried Lyrica and it didn't work for me so I take Neurontin. That ad is pretty scarey isn't it???

07/04/2008 08:22 PM
Leonardy

I take Lyrica and it has helped me, not a LOT, but it sure helps. I take a lot of other stuff too though.It seems you can make a lawsuit out of anything except when you NEED a lawsuit in your favor(like my current personal injury suit). I would reason that people on Lyrica like myself are in pain, and lots of it. It is no surprise chronic pain sufferers are depressed, Lyrica or not.In depression there is always the risk of suicide, once again Lyrica or not.For heavens sake it's not LSD for crying out loud!My first husband committed suicide 3 yrs ago.He was not on Lyrica or any other meds.It's just a sad, tragic part of the world we are in today.

07/05/2008 03:11 AM
tdecker68
tdecker68  

Leonardy I am so sorry to hear about your husband.....

I agree they make lawsuits out of everything and they are usually not in your favor... And how can you blame meds for someone's suicide???

07/05/2008 03:30 AM
Barbkubacki

I am sorry for the loss of you first husband. Depression alone is a horrible disease and add everthing else we have. I take a ton of meds and that just make me depress alone.

07/05/2008 07:18 AM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

Leonardy I am so aorry you had to go through that.

07/05/2008 07:38 AM
Barbkubacki

When I was on Lyrica it really set me back in depression. I checked on the computer and it said side effect depression. So to put people that have depression on a medicine that causes worse depression is crazy!

07/05/2008 07:57 AM
Janilee

I suppose that if the risk of suicide was that great with Lyrica, the FDA would have pulled it or atleast put a warning about it on TV like they did for Prozac when it first came out. Sometimes I think these lawyers on TV begging for clients are nothing but hype. I was on Actos when the lawsuit about that came up. I had had a heart attack while on Actos however, how could they prove that my heart attack was the result of taking Actos?

Jan

07/05/2008 09:36 AM
jls1021
Jill1021  

Leonardy, I am sorry for the loss of your husband, my first husband did that last May, I agree very tragic and sad, he left behind three children and my oldest has gone through hell since his dads death, I really do know what you are going through!

I think just about any medicine now days has the side effect of suicidal thoughts..ugh I couldn't take Lyrica it made me so so sick so I am back on Neurontin.

I almost cringe anytime anymore when someone says the word suicide on the TV. I guess maybe I haven't let go of him yet.

Sorry for the rant! Sad or rambling.

07/05/2008 12:12 PM
sleepwalking
sleepwalking  

The FDA did put out a warning about suicide and Lyrica last February. Neurontin was also on the list.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/01/us/01suicide.html?_r=1& adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1215284809-4GMxdC/ YIn0Be79A72fGTg

I believe they also have a warning out on Cymbalta. So be careful out there. Doctors just auto prescribe these drugs if you have FM, but they don't follow up to see if they are working.

You may not even realize that the drugs are making you feel this way so please tell your doctor how you are feeling, not just pain wise, but emotionaly as well.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved