MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/02/2008 07:50 PM

fighting fatigue

hurtallover
hurtallover  

I am looking for suggestions on fighting fatigue--that oh so awful feeling that we all share. I am at my worst in the mid-late afternoon,often continuing through the rest of the day, can't keep my eyes open. I am a teacher, and I know most people think, "oh well you have 3 months off in the summer". Not true these days, I teach Summer School, and attend meetings and conferences throughout the summer months. I am fighting constantly in the afternoons to stay awake. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On a different note I wanted to add how grateful I am for all of the information, advice, and most of all friendship that I have found in this wonderful group. You are all such a blessing--have a great Thursday!

07/02/2008 08:26 PM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

Fatigue... Youza! That's a tough one!

I know that lots of doctors say that a multi-vitamin is good. Then there's magnesium. And I think there are a few other natural things to help with fatigue. Also, to make sure that you go to bed and get up at the same times. Don't drink caffeine, etc. -- I, myself, have tried those things. They seem to help a 'little'. I'm not like falling over anymore. Sideways But, I'm still tired, pretty much all the time. Which is strange... cause I'm SO tired, but yet can't sleep!

You asked a tough question! And to be a teacher?! I hope someone on here has some good advice for ya. Cause I don't have much. You've got quite a challenge ahead of ya.

07/03/2008 07:08 AM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

Wow that is a tough question. So many days I fight the fatigue and falling asleep aat my desk. There are days that I'm afraid to go to the bathroom because I'm afraid I will fall asleep on the toilet.

I take a multi-vit and extra magnesium. I'm not sure if it works or not, who knows I may fall asleep stanging if I weren't taking them.

I too, hope someone has some answers.

07/03/2008 07:49 AM
Barbkubacki

I think it is so amazing on how we can fall asleep on the toilet. I find myself doing that often. When I open my eyes I can't believe I was a slept on the toilet. I don't even remember if I went!(HA)

Barbara

07/03/2008 07:53 AM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

I've fallen asleep on the toilet too. But not for long...I tend to lean forward, which is NOT good. The tub is in front of me! I'm afraid that one of these days, I'm gonna hit my head. Shocked I sure hope not.

07/03/2008 09:50 AM
ALCSS2008

Maybe we should strap you on the toilet for safety purposes. Do you think it is because we fall asleep anywhere we sit for more that a few minutes?

07/03/2008 11:24 AM
Barbkubacki

I don't know but I wish the toilet was built like a recliner with a hole in the middle.

07/03/2008 01:57 PM
tdecker68
tdecker68  

I constantly fall asleep on the toilet... I am afraid to go to the bathroom in the night cause if I fall asleep and then fall forward I will hit my head on the tub... Then I picture laying there all night and being found in the morning that way!!!!LOL..

07/03/2008 03:36 PM
tdecker68
tdecker68  

LOL.....I completely agree wiith you barbkubacki......Wouldn't that be great!

07/03/2008 03:45 PM
nhlflagg
nhlflagg  

I can't fall asleep in the bathroom because I have 2 dogs and 1 cat and 1 kitten that feel they have to join me in my very small bathroom, the is no room. lol

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved