MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/29/2008 09:52 PM

Anyone experience these phenomena?

LupieToons
LupieToons  
I'm an Advocate

I hear a loud clap just before falling asleep. I know this sound is not coming from my surrounding environment, but is inside my head. The sound is like a 2x4 striking cement...LOUDLY, and just one time before nodding off. And there's more...

If a sound suddenly brings me out of deep sleep, my entire body...all my muscles...vibrate like that of a hummingbird (i.e. very rapidly, all at once). My rheumatologist has actually felt this sensation because it began to progress to periods when I am awake...with no external stimuli. Though she felt it and noted it, she felt it has something to do with my central nervous system.

And one more thing that's developed within the past 4 months: when I perspire, especially my face, sweat will literally run down and drip from the left side of my face to the left-back side of my head...not on the right. I believe this is a nerve problem, too, but for the life of me, don't know what's causing it.

I don't believe this has anything to do with my MG, but believe it is neurological. I do see my neuro on July 2nd and intend to ask him about these phenomena. The only reference I find is in the Fibromyalgia forum, but I have lupus.

I'm just tossing this out here and didn't know where else to post this. Anyone ever heard of these quirks or experienced them?

Thanks for listening.

Lynne

06/29/2008 10:56 PM
Ksdmjd
Ksdmjd  

Lynne, this happens to me all the time! My husband says it is me just starting to snore. For some reason it wakes me up even before I actually snore. Wierd. I hear noises and smell things at night also that wake me up.

06/30/2008 04:12 AM
LupieToons
LupieToons  
I'm an Advocate

I hear this loud noise just as I'm dozing off and then remember nothing after that. Hubby says I don't begin to snore until about an hour after I've fallen asleep.

Weird.

06/30/2008 05:24 AM
tdecker68
tdecker68  

This sounds neurological to me although I am no doctor.. I have the sweating part and I also smell strange odors and hear strange sounds.

06/30/2008 08:33 AM
Sistrozzie
Sistrozzie  

I also smell strange odors and in the mornings when I am awakening, I will hear someone yell my granddaughter's name but only she and I will be in the house! I often smell my deceased husband's odor. Last night I didn't use my CPAP machine and I had my recurring nightmare where I couldn't wake up but was aware of my surroundings. I was able to get my legs moving back and forth until I finally popped out of "the dream". I've been having those nightmares since I was 11. I also hear loud claps in my sleep and I have wakened to find all of my body "strumming" but I think that particular symptom is from hyperventilation from a dream. Sometimes I am afraid to go to sleep or I sleep with my headboard light on.

06/30/2008 01:57 PM
sleepwalking
sleepwalking  

Interesting post.

My FM moves into different stages from year to year. Sometimes I experience strange things for a period of time and then I move on to some other weird thing.

This FM is a laugh a mintue - Not!

I've had the vibrating. I suddenly wake up and my whole body is trembling. It goes away after I get up. But it is kind of scary, quaking like that.

I also go through stages of smelling and tasting weird stuff.

06/30/2008 02:20 PM
nhlflagg
nhlflagg  

I have had where I smell something but not the other thing.

06/30/2008 04:03 PM
tdecker68
tdecker68  

I have had the smelling weird smells, ringing in my ears and other sounds and I also taste strange tastes too...

06/30/2008 04:24 PM
nhlflagg
nhlflagg  

Ringing in your ears, doesn't that mean someone is talking about you. lol Only kidding.

06/30/2008 04:37 PM
tdecker68
tdecker68  

LOL.........I wish that is all it was!!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved