MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/13/2010 08:13 PM

Severe Foot Pain?

Soberbiker

I suffered a lot this summer with pain throughout my body, that has subsided a bit since I started taking tramadol, but for the last 6 to 8 weeks my feet burn and ache after sitting or lying down, once I start walking around they feel better, is this a part of the fibro? I haven't heard anyone complain about their feet other then tingles or numbness. This is Burning a aching pain.

Thanks

Don Sad

01/13/2010 08:28 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I have problems with my feet and hands when I'm flaring badly. In my case it feels like hot goosebumps or fire ants under the skin. This last time I had an appointment with my PCP and she put me on neurontin which made it go away fast. I'm taking it and Cymbalta and most of my nerve pain is gone and even my muscles feel better.

I hope you can find a protocol that works for you. Oh, welcome to the group! I just realized you're new. I hope you enjoy the group and get as much out of it as I do.

blessings,

01/13/2010 08:33 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Yes welcome to the group! My foot pain is SEVERE...This is something that is VERY common with Fibromyalgia due to swelling around the actual nerves in the feet.

I read an article on this just a few weeks ago online. I checked for these little bebe type swollen balls in my feet at certain points and sure enough I felt them and they were VERY painful.. When you walk or you are at rest these are hurting.

01/14/2010 04:50 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

hi and welcome yes it could be fibro it also can be neropathy( which can be apart of fibro) do you have diabeties.

01/18/2010 03:44 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

It also could be RLS...when I'm flaring it raises it's ugly head and I can't hold still...I have to get up and walk or try to shake or rub it out. My toenails will hurt.

It was really embarrassing once when I was at my Aunt's. It hit me right after dinner when we were all sitting around talking. I had to take my shoes off, get up, walk, shake my feet, rub them a bit and then put my shoes back on. I couldn't concentrate on the conversation. Fortunately my aunt also has fibro and understood what was going on.

TG I haven't had that sensation in a long time. One of my meds appears to be working for RLS...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved