MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/09/2010 02:18 PM

New to Group...new to diagnosis

BabyDragon

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.

I just got the " official " diagnosis yesterday, although I have apparently had fibro for at least 10 years now.

(sigh)

Now comes the fun of finding a medthat works I guess...I am on Salsate and starting Neurontin and Ambien next week.

01/09/2010 02:26 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

welcome to the group ( family) let me tell you ,you have found the perfect place..

I personally dont like neurotine because of the effects it gave me, I currently take gabitril.

I also take ambien and thought it a God sent,I really was confused because I slept so much but the doc exsplained my body wasnt in the right sleep..Im again glad you found us..

01/09/2010 02:29 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Hi Judie and welcome to our family. You are going to love it here, I promise. You don't have to go through anything alone, we will be here for you. If you need to vent, feel free. If you have questions, we will do what we can to answer them. Usually finding the right med combo is one of the toughtest parts of fibro. Then you need to find a way to manage your life around it and not let it take over your life. It may sound impossible but it's not, you can do it. I look forward to getting to know you and please let me know if I can help with anything Smile

01/09/2010 02:33 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group, it is so supportive here. Most of us that were diagnosed had known we had had been suffering with it for many years before so personally for me it was a relief to be diagnosed. It was putting a name to my pain and knew I could finally be properly treated instead of living in silent pain forever. We can all relate to you and are here for you. You are not alone in this. Keep posting and keep smiling! Stacey Smile

01/09/2010 02:39 PM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Judy, a most warm welcome to you to this fabulous dynamic group full of kind phenomenal individuals. Just know you will love it here! Has made a huge positive impact upon my life since joining last July, too, for sure!

We are all here for you so lean on us. Feel free to just be You. Vent when you need to vent. Ask for prayers if you need prayers. Ask questions that are on your mind. Just treat us like a family.

Let us know how the new meds work.

Have had fibro for 13 years this October, yet, determined to be free of this condition one day. Am an optimist plus a wounded warrior Wink Smile!

Take excellent care of you Judy. (i) Angels be with you (i) all this weekend, amen.

Warmest wishes winging their way to you- make sure you keep warm too, giant gentle hugs and much love all the way from Devon in the UK, Clarita Smile xooxooxoox untitled

01/09/2010 03:48 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

01/09/2010 06:28 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Judie,

Welcome to our group ~~~ we re happy you ve found us.

It sounds as if you re on the right track in being dx d as well as starting meds for Fibro.

I have never taken any of what you mentioned but several here are/were taking Savella.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. This is the most caring support group you can imagine to find ~~~

Marilyn

01/09/2010 06:51 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

...Jeni

01/09/2010 08:29 PM
phire009
phire009  

Welcome Judie,

You've just joined one of the greatest "FAMILIES" on the site. Each and every guy and gal here are caring and compassionate and what ever you need just ask we're all here and everyone has had diff. experiences so just ask away.....Also getting the right med combo is the hardest thing it's all trial and error and may take a while but when find it things will get better. Not back to perfect but where you'll be able to relieve some of the pain....

Will be praying that you pain subsides

Blessings

Debi

01/10/2010 06:19 PM
chloebon
chloebon  

HHHiiii JJJuuuudddyy. WWWaaarrrmmm wwweelllccoommeee fffffrrrooommm sssuunnnyyy ffffllllooorrrriiidddaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!Sorry for your diagnosis, but at least now you can start trying meds to see what combo will help your pain. It really is a hit and miss with the fms. I take the neurontin (I helps a lot) along with muscle relaxers and pain meds. I do not do well with the sleep meds. I have night terrors as it is and the sleep meds only enhance them. Welcome to the group, you will find understanding and companionship here. Everyone understands what your going through. You are no longer alone. I know you are warmer where you are (the cold makes it worse). I hope to have waarm weather by the end of the week. Glad to meet you. Good luck with your meds.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved