MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/09/2010 01:28 PM

COLD WEATHER LEAVES ME UNABLE TO FUNCTION!

niecsey

Hi all xxx cannot stay on long as l am in a right mess. Was wondering if this happens to anyone else. My body cannot take the cold AT ALL!!! Its like my ribs back and chest seize up even using my arms will make my chest ache so badly Sad If l go out l know l will suffer for it from been tensed trying to keep warm. This has went on for a few years now and uk docs look at you as if your weak a lot of them dont believe in fibromyalgia so lve come on here for some reasurance that others get it too please? I am so sore lm hobbling to the loo l do have other things going on but is this all the fibromyalgia? Thanks all hopefully l will be able tp reply asp cannot stay on pc long as it means using my arms :'( xxx

01/09/2010 02:06 PM
newrsd

I also can't take the cold. I used to live in Chicago and was always having different problems and really intense pain all over besdies for getting sick all the time. I moved to a warmer climate and it has been much better.

01/09/2010 02:18 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

well I think you made a good point about your muscels seizing up on you..I can not function in the cold at all exspecially a wet cold..if my leg exspecially gets cold I will never get warm and yes it does make the pain of it all worse right now we are having record breaking cold 0 or less...I've been in side for almost a week ...

they have little heat pads that hunters use in their gloves and shoes I havent tried them yet but wonder if any one else has..

I grew up in Mass where I loved winter ( I was young and foolish) now I want to cry when I know winter iscomming..

01/09/2010 02:27 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I live in Mass and they say if you dont like New England weather just wait 5 minuts lol...I have a problem with cold weather as well! It kills me. You are not alone! I am sorry you are suffering, I wish you had more understanding physicians in your area that could help you. Good Luck! Stacey Wink

01/09/2010 02:39 PM
shezcountry
shezcountry  

I was hunting before my dx of fibro and you know...that is a FANTASTIC IDEA of using the warming pads in your socks and just holding them too. I stay cold all the time and run my family out of their clothes.....If my hands or feet get cold...I get B*****!! They all know this, so allow my warmth! SAD isn't it? Please excuse me, I'm fuzzy on a new med myself right now Tegretol...

I know how you feel exactly about the cold now and I'm in MS foe Pete's sake, but we have been having snow and various other craziness. I used to never wear a jacket, wore flip-flops in 30 degree weather, now I want a warming ski suit! Maybe then my muscles, joints and bones will let me have some relief....ugh! I think we should try for a new amendment...all Fibro patients ..and their immediate families have to move to a warmer climate...say Fiji? Smile hope you feel better!!!

01/09/2010 02:54 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I used to love to go tanning it made me pretty and tan but it made my muscles and joints feel so great which was the actual reason I went believe it or not lol...unfortunately I cant go because its not good for my Lupus being too sensitive. I used to be fine but then I started rashing. blah...

01/09/2010 02:59 PM
lisanaylor2007
lisanaylor2007  
I'm an Advocate

I bought a heated throw so the rest of the house stays comfortable. My husband said that I am like a bear. I hibernate during the winter because of the cold. I actually take my heated blanket with me almost everywhere.

01/09/2010 04:17 PM
slopokidog
slopokidog  

oh yes! This winter was kicking my behind, and I can never seem to warm up. My body is so stiff and seems to get worse every year

01/09/2010 04:45 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

You are not alone, that's for sure. As you can already see from previous reply's, lots of members have this problem. While I don't love the cold, it doesn't bother me the way it does for other people. I have lots of other health problems too that indicates cold weather would bother me. Oddly, its' the heat that bothers me. What I really want is to live where it's 70-75 with no humidity but none of us can seem to find that place...lol

01/09/2010 06:06 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello niecsey,

Welcome to our group ~~~ you re going to love it here with all the friendships, support and caring we all pass around. Smile

We have a couple of other UK ladies in our group. Hopefully, they will show up soon also to welcome you and get to know you better also.

As for the cold, YES, it hurts my body badly when the first bitter cold arrives. Once the outside temps stay ""low"" and cold, my body seems to adjust just fine for the duration.

I do know that since contracting Fibro (and being Hypothyroid), I cannot tolerate the cold nearly as well as I did years ago. Therefore, I try my best not be allowed to chill thru or I will be in a world of hurt and pain.

Summer never used to bother me either but now humidity just blows me away. I have to stay in the A/C to be tolerable and able to move around.

I guess we just need to pile on more warm clothes, socks etc. in the winter ~~~~

Marilyn

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved