MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/01/2010 02:42 PM

Numb & Weak Legs & Feet

Angelface

I was diagnosed last year with Peripheral Neuritis brought on by Cancer treatment, I immediately began acupuncture which proved 100% effective in banishing all my pain as after only 5 weeks I was verging on suicidal with it.

For the past year ive continued acupuncture and all was great until 3 moths ago when I woke up with bad cramp in my right foot and afterward I could barely feel my right leg, I went to acupuncture and my Chinese Dr massaged the leg and it was alright but the weeks to follow seen my legs deteriorate in strength and my feet to become extremely numb, in the midst of all of this I had a sore back and had an MRI scan of the lower back which showed nothing wrong and I am awaiting results for 2 scans of upper back and neck but im not even sure what they are looking for.

I get vitamin B12 injections regularly for Pernicious Anaemia.

My fear is that the numbness will get so bad that I will be paralysed, has anyone else experienced this?

Post edited by: Angelface, at: 01/01/2010 02:43 PM

01/01/2010 02:53 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group! Its great to have you here. As for the MRI's they are probably looking for any deterioration or disc damage etc. Regardless if you are having any serious symptoms like this you should consult your physician immediately. I hope you enjoy it here and keep posting. I hope you feel better very soon! Smile

01/01/2010 02:57 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

Welcome, Angelface! What a sweet profile name!

I don't know anything about Peripheral Neuritis, but I understand how scared you must be. I'll be praying that you have a good result from your tests and that it turns out to be something they can successfully treat. In the meantime, try to relax and put your trust in your Higher Power...I have a good friend who always says, "Be still and know that I am God." That helped me through some very tough times. (Whether you're religious or not, I hope you'll find the thought comforting.) Many blessings to you - Jeni

01/02/2010 01:14 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Have you had a brain MRI yet? Pernicious anemia can cause neuropthy and the like. Are you B12 levels normal while on the shot? Are you going to a neurologist or just a regular dr.?

01/03/2010 10:12 PM
phire009
phire009  

Welcome,

Nueritis and neurapathy will do this to you. I have 0 feeling in my Left foot and lower leg to about 3/4 way up it and yes it does become weaker as time goes on....Are you also diabetic with the fibro? Having your back checked is a good thing because as Stacy said it can be disc, pinched nerves ect..... And anything like that which is progressive needs to be looked at rather quickly. Glad you've come to our family hope to get to know about you in days and weeks to come and KEEP US POSTED AS TO WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Blessings

Debi

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved