MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/17/2008 11:36 AM

Dizzy / Vertigo?

sleepwalking
sleepwalking  

Does anyone have problems with dizzyness? This is something new for me. Woke up with it and it's not going away. Can't get down the hall without bumping into the walls.

I have not taken or done anything different in my usual routine. But it's not going away and it's scary. I'm supposed to go pick up my grandson in a few hourse and I know I can't drive.

06/17/2008 01:30 PM
lmcclure4477
lmcclure4477  

I experience dizziness/lightheadness and vertigo type feelings on a regular basis. It is a very scary feeling to go through. I hear it is a part of fibro, but I will be asking my nuerologist this week. It is the type of feeling that you feel out of it and can't perform daily activities.

06/17/2008 01:40 PM
sleepwalking
sleepwalking  

Oh, shoot. All the symptoms are already so hard to deal with. If this ends up being just another one I'm in big trouble.

I can sometimes hide the pain and the fatigue, but this will stop me from driving.

06/17/2008 01:57 PM
BLB
BLB  

I have had dizziness for years...your inner ear is the culperet...some days are worse than others..

06/18/2008 07:10 AM
mamanordy

Yes I have dizziness every day. Some of my meds have dizziness as a side effect and I already had it before so double whaammy. I have heart valve issues and that is a lot of my dizziness. I hate it. I walk sideways or leaned to one side.

06/23/2008 05:40 PM
tdecker68
tdecker68  

I have been dealing with vertigo/dizziness for the past year and a half.. I walk into walls and I stumble and lose my balance alot...I have even fallen down stairs and had some bad incidents with falling...Some days are worse than others... The last 1-2 weeks have been really bad for me..I know this is such a horrible symptom to go through... I have also heard this is part of fibro...Sorry I know how you feel. I am here for you!!

06/23/2008 09:10 PM
kesslmama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I know what mamanordy means about a double whammy, I have been experiencing dizziness, lack of balance , then my neuro put me on a new anti-seizure med and it has dizziness and lack of coordination as side effects. Most of the time I walk like I have had about 5 drinks too many.Dizzy Silly. I'm sorry you have to feel this too.

06/23/2008 10:06 PM
recovered26
recovered26  

I had severe vertigo for a couple of years. I finally got in to see an ears, nose, and throat doctor and we figured out that my right inner ear had too much fluid in it. You should talk to your doctor about it and see if they can do a test to measure the fluid in your inner ears. I took Triamterine for a couple of years and it worked wonders Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved