MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/21/2009 09:51 PM

Sorry I haven't been around been in Hospital

Pamela1121
Pamela1121  

I was released Wednesday. Was in 3 days. Because of migraine which I had...had for 3 days straight.

Then to add insult to inury they gave me Reglan which I am allerigc too! I told them "this is in my chart why are you giving it to me?" As i told them I felt funny & not better. The nuirse todl me it was time for more of this & said it I freaked out.

They didn't want to release me but I had disability court Thursday which I had waiterd for a year & half to get so I insisted they release me plus I told them they weren't helping me i could suffer at home. The bed made my back spasm worse, my neuro din't give me any narcotics which they normally do in ER when I have had to go in. He waited til i was beign releqased to write a prescription for Demerol.

I wish i only had to tkae a multi vitamin.

I was in pain again today with migraine had to go see my upper cervical chiro he is the only one who helps when medicine doesn't work. Smile

The nerve blcoks they did in my head occipital nerves did not help.

I was told the botox they want to do wont be in til Febuary Sad

So I don't know what to do then it is to rain tomorrow then Snow on Wednesday so my fibro will probably flair but i sure hope not. and then I can get migraines.

If anyone has any recommendations I am open & if you copuld tell me if any of you have also had hiccups with migraines? As ;ately I have been gettign them too & had a nose bleed from the pain gettign so bad too. I was throwing up today from another migraine.

I sure hope all of you are doing better than i have been for last week.

Gentle hugs

Pamela

12/21/2009 10:05 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh My, you poor thing! I am so sorry you have been suffering so much. My thoughts and prayers are with you for Thursday, I hope all goes well! Have you ever tried Topamax for Migraine Prevention? I was on 200mg but I only take 100mg now and I barely ever even get a headache. I love the stuff. Everyone is obviously different but you could ask you Neuro if it would benefit you at all. I wish you the best of luck and hope you feel better very soon! Keep us posted of everything. Hugs, Stacey Wink

12/21/2009 10:32 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I tried Topamax too and it really helped, but leaving my husband worked so well, I stopped taking Topamax Smile Eventually as they always do, the migraines came back.

Then Tina recommended I try melatonin for sleep and migraines. She was taking 10mg. I started out on 3mg, then worked up to 9mg. Now my doc wants me to drop down to 3mg again, so that's what I'm doing. If the migraines come back, I'll take more melatonin. It's OTC and cheap and has been the only thing that helps me sleep.

12/21/2009 10:40 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I stopped taking Topamax for awhile and the Migraines returned full force. I went back on it and they are gone again for good. I will not be going off it anytime soon again. I now know its what works for me. Wink

12/23/2009 07:24 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Pamela,

I am sorry to hear that you are suffering so with migraines. I hope they find something to help you very soon ~~~

Marilyn

12/24/2009 12:24 AM
puppymom2

Pam, I am so sorry your are suffering with this stupid miagraines. did you try the diet yet?

12/24/2009 03:21 AM
Pixie1960
Pixie1960  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Pamela,

I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia on Dec 8th of this year...about 16 days ago. I also have parkinsons disease and of all the medical issues I have, the parkinsons scares me the most so I'm usually on that support group site.

Sorry, I don't have any advice for you...just wanted to wish you well and just you know I'll say a prayer for you. Hope you'll be feeling better soon. Take care of yourself.

Wish you & yours a very Merry Christmas!

Gentle hugs,

Kathleen

Post edited by: Pixie1960, at: 12/24/2009 03:23 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved