MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/14/2008 11:53 AM

Anyone else experience great pain in am

martyj4
martyj4  

Just want to know if anyone else deals with intense pain in am when getting up. I have pain to point I can't lift right arm to brush my teeth have to use my left arm...plus first thing when I stand I have alot of heal pain in right foot and can't quite walk right then the pain in hips is just really bad. I start my am by coming down the steps to let my little dauschy out first and start coffee...I have to hold onto railing and wall and ease down..while my little one is out I check the schedule for work on computer get my first cup of coffee and cig (bad habit) then try to walk back upstairs get my shower...I know after shower I can move so much better but my old coffe pot broke that had timer so need to get a new one...use to get shower then bring little dauschy down after so much easier...but steps kill me...even throughout day..so anyone else experience these pains...

06/14/2008 12:03 PM
nhlflagg
nhlflagg  

I am new to group and to Fibromyalgia but yes in morning I have a lot of pain in my sholders. In the middle of the night I wake up and tingling in my hands. My hips are also very sore in the morning. The shower does help but when my pain is at it's worst the shower does not take the pain completely away. I am also having a lot of chest pain. I have been dealing with some of this pain since Sept of 07 but the chest pain has been since March.

06/14/2008 12:49 PM
martyj4
martyj4  

Yep middle of night I wake up with my right arm in pain numbness all the way down arm pain is in shoulder blade in back and I have to try to move my arm down...Have not had chest pain...alot of pains by my surgery area in my back where they fused my disc..that is all around there...I use to be so active...and now takes alot to do anything..hate the heat but my body likes it....shower only loosens me up doesn't take pain away..and I use to lay on bed with heating pad at the base of neck/shoulder area and one at lower back where I had surgery..that helps...but doesn't take pain away havent found anything that does

06/14/2008 06:48 PM
Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

Definately can relate. Especially the hip pain and THE HEEL PAIN. Boy, I thought I was crazy with that. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you're going through it too, but sometimes mine's so bad it wakes me up. Lots of back pain in the morning. Part of it is being stiff from not moving the muscles for so long, but other things, like the heel pain can't be explained so easily. Does anyone else have this or know what it's about???

Wolfpack

06/14/2008 07:51 PM
hopie
hopie  

I also have a ton of heel pain in my left foot right now.Its been so bad for about a week or so.I was hoping I'd find somebody else that can relate.My hip pain is horrible as well.Sometimes I can hear them pop.I just said today that I look like a 80 yr old when I get up to walk and thats certainly how I feel.Also when I dry my hair my arms tire out real quick.IT ALL SUCKS!!!!!!!

06/14/2008 07:55 PM
mamanordy

I also feel it all, too. right now, i am having strange wrist, shoulder, neck and heel pain also. strange.

06/15/2008 04:57 AM
martyj4
martyj4  

I am glad I asked cause like wolfpack I thought I was nuts with the heel pain...I can't put my heel down at all ... I hurts so bad when I first get up and Yeah I feel like I am 80 trying to walk in the morning....guess the worst for me in the am is heel, hip, shoulder, neck...ok forget it the whole body...

06/15/2008 05:10 AM
coolmamma
coolmamma  

I can relate too. I find that if I take things really slow in the morning, it seems to help. You know...let the puppy out, get my meds in me, sit & throw toys for her (w/ left hand cuz right hurts), hot shower,...the whole 9 yards. Oh - I also try to stretch in the shower. Sometimes it's more productive than others, but it's always worth a try.

So, you are not crazy - unless we all are! lOL Silly

I hope you get some pain relief soon!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

06/15/2008 05:55 AM
FibroAngel
FibroAngel  

Do any of you get pain in your calves or the tops of your feet?

I hurt all over when I wake up but the places I feel it most, especially after waking up after it has rained or will rain, is in my calves and the tops of my feet...

06/15/2008 06:01 AM
hopie
hopie  

Hi fibroangel.I do get pain in my calves as well.I have had several ultrasounds to make sure I didnt have bloodclots!And I never do...I will also get a strange sensations as if something is coiled around my calf area.Sounds crazy huh?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved