MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/16/2013 02:52 PM

Intractable Pain Patient's Handbook for Survival

Stelagtite
Stelagtite  

I thought I got this handbook from this group in the articles but searched them and didn't find it so I thought I'd share it with you all.

I've adopted many of the recommendations and find it so refreshing that someone is not making me feel guilty about saying "NO".

http://pain-topicsorg/pdf/intractablepainsurvival.pdf

My wish is that this handbook helps others, like it helped me, to accept my limitations, adopt new lifestyles, appreciate the small things and above all else, to teach you how to manage your condition.

06/16/2013 05:04 PM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

Thank you for sharing! Saying no is difficult so many times for a lot of us...

06/16/2013 05:12 PM
Stelagtite
Stelagtite  

Hi Girlfriend - I love the part in the handbook about surrounding yourself with plants, animals and music. That kind of therapy helps me a lot. I grew lots of plants from seed in my kitchen and I'm getting beautiful blossoms. Just love it.

06/16/2013 05:16 PM
oceantapper
oceantapper  

I was jjst thinking how my dog helps.me out so much...thanks

06/16/2013 05:34 PM
JoJo70
JoJo70  

Thought I remembered it from a hatbox post.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/fibromyalgia-discussions/ general-support/10669048-pain-pdf

Have read it a few times. Some things are for people with much more severe conditions. But a lot of good advice.

Had it in my Adobe documents - time to reread it.

Thanks for the reminder.

Cool

06/16/2013 06:47 PM
Stelagtite
Stelagtite  

Ok so I did get it here..some really good tips in it I think especially about the need to change your lifestyle and also so pointers for family members...oh and foods.

06/16/2013 09:17 PM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

There are some fantastic ideas in there! I surround myself with flowers, animals are just a normal part of our everyday backyard activitySmile, and the music,yes, I relax with that also.... there are so many aspects to look at that there is bound to be something for everyone!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved