MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2013 11:05 PM

A day in the life of a fibromyalgia sufferer.

blanket

I was riding the public bus in my town and the old ladies sitting behind me started talking loud about how "some people who ride the bus sleep on the bus." One of the women said she got her sleep at home at night so she "don't have to sleep on the bus." They cackled on and on about some man on the bus got stabbed in the neck, while sleeping, on the bus, and they just got wilder and wilder with their stories, stories about how only bums and "crazy people" sleep on the bus.

Now, I frequently fall asleep on the bus, or rest my eyes. Because I have three chronic pain and chronic fatigue diseases. So I'm exhausted always. These ladies sounded just soooo stupid, screaming about how bad and how wrong it is to sleep on the bus when they have no idea what it is that I'm going through, like I want to be sleeping on the bus. I don't. I'm tired. By rights I should be home drunk out of my mind like a lot of people with problems are, and not struggling to get to work, not struggling to get to the grocery store alone on the bus. Because frequently I'm the kind of tired that's so tired that I'm sick to my stomach and feverish, and feel so horrible that I feel like I might pass out or just collapse at any moment. I have to work hard at everything I do because of this fibromyalgia and other chronic pain conditions that I have; I often cry silently in excruciating pain as the bus bounces along and [my] back pain and muscle aches chew at my spirit. These church going females should have been praying for me, not making fun of me. And this is what ignorant people do, they make assumptions and make them loudly, really making large asses of themselves.

I know they were talking about me. I'm quiet in my town and don't associate with too many people. and I think that people are somewhat jealous of me and wondering who I am and what it is that I do. and instead of just talking to me and asking me friendly like if anything is wrong with me "why I sleep on the bus," instead, they choose to act like assholes like those ladies on the bus the other day.

They sounded so stupid that I laughed too.

but this is the kind of bullshit that people with fibromyalgia have to put up with out in the community, dumb ass people who rather than investigate or show concern, would rather jeer and sound stupid. I guess it's just what stupid people do. and I thank my lucky stars that I wasn't born so stupid.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved