MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/05/2013 06:05 PM

Stats - Number of People With Fibro

FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

Below is a portion of the information from the link after it.

How Many People Worldwide Have Fibromyalgia Syndrome?

According to the National Fibromyalgia Association, 3-6% of the world's population has fibromyalgia syndrome. With a projected world population of 6,816,322,780 in April 2010 (based on the US Census Bureau's US and World Population Clocks), this estimate would mean that somewhere around 200 million to 400 million people worldwide have fibromyalgia syndrome.

How Do Fibromyalgia Syndrome Numbers Vary Around the World?

Most of the numbers available for fibromyalgia syndrome are from the USA, but these still vary quite widely, and range from 3 to 10 million. The National Fibromyalgia Association suggests that as many as 10 million people in the USA have fibromyalgia syndrome. The National Pain Foundation states that about 2% of the US population has fibromyalgia syndrome, which would be around 6 million people. The American College of Rheumatology reports that around 3 to 6 million people in the USA have fibromyalgia syndrome, and the NWHIC (National Women's Health Information Centre – part of the US Department of Health and Human Services) suggests that the figures could be as high as 8 million.

http://www.fibromyalgiasyndrome.co.uk/how-many-people-have- fms.html

I looked up MS - 2.1 Million in the World Wide

Parkinson's - 1.5 Million in the US

ALS - 5,600 in the US

02/06/2013 08:09 AM
dogdame
dogdame  

gee...and surgeon i recently saw....not for anything about fibro ...just had to be very big jerk and say there is no such thing as fibromyalgia!

I am used to those kind of doctors....when i first got lupus so many said same thing about it....i just tell them to call rheum who diagnosed it and they can slug it out...i really do not care what he thinks. Shuts them up at least. He looked stunned ...i said here is name would you like his phone number as well...sure you can call him now and have it out with him.

I saw his receptionist who was behind him start laughing.....she whispered as i was leaving ...that wish more would stand up to him.

I do not know but i do know that i speak to people in England, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, and all European countries! Thankfully due to the internet...talk about enabling entire world to spread information!!!

all drugs listed on your post.....what are they there for? hopefully you are not on all ...never seen anything like thatgefore

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved