fighterdianne

Thanks for all the idea's

I wonder if it's the fexaril ? weird i been on

flexaril due to having tmj .and when i am not on it

my legs are fine.thanks again for all the replies

12/04/2009 02:01 PM
phire009
phire009  

Also if you like Coke (regular) has potassium in it like bananas and oranges and gets into system a little quicker as the sugar helps to carry it.

12/04/2009 02:08 PM
fighterdianne

I am suppose to stay away from sugar~I' have diabetes

12/04/2009 02:24 PM
LockMan
LockManPosts: 842

Fighter, are you replacing your sugar with aspertaine? If so cut that crap out! My flares have dropped down to a very manageable level since doing that.

12/04/2009 03:53 PM
fighterdianne

No!

12/04/2009 09:08 PM
phire009
phire009  

Dianne,

I'm sorry bout the coke but with my fibro and lupus I live on coke due to the nausea and I'm insulin dependent. So that's why I mentioned it. I just no it's got a lot of calcium and would help but don't do it if your not use to drinking it, and diabetic.

Debi

12/06/2009 12:56 PM
fighterdianne

Hi Phire009, Don't be sorry, it was a good idea but, i wish i could drink soda. thanks anyway "Wink

Merry Christmas everyone~

12/06/2009 05:35 PM
chloebon
chloebon  

The neurontin(gabapentin) for my rls helps alot. However, heat is the best thing most of the time. I take a heating blanket and wrap it around my legs. I have had terrible leg pain today myself. Although, I get some relief through pain meds, neurontin and heat, I still have alot of pain. I look like a hunched up old lady when I get up. Not a pretty sight! Sometimes my dogs bark at me!!!!!

Lockman: I knew I was doing something wrong-no gin. My doc says I cannot drink with my meds. Maybe he doesn't know the old gin trick?lol

12/06/2009 05:55 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Make yourself a rice sock. Take an old tube sock (with no holes in it), fill it with dry white rice, and tie it off. You can pop this in the microwave for about a minute or so and you have an instant moist heat pack that can be wrapped snugly around your legs. I used to take one to work all the time.

12/06/2009 06:38 PM
LockMan
LockManPosts: 842

My doctor tried to take me off coffee. I eventualy had to put the kibosh on that. Without coffee I just don't function. As for frequency of gin and tonics... I might have one every few months. Many of my meds are of the "don't drink with" variety as well but I risk it now and again. Better that then wind up with malaria!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved