MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/31/2012 11:02 AM

Bottom of feet HURT

faithfully10
faithfully10  

My boss and a couple of my co-workers asked me today why I was walking funny, or "why are you walking like that?". Well, it hurts to walk! The bottom of my feet feel pain when I come down on my feet (walking).Blush

10/31/2012 11:35 AM
buttercup782
buttercup782  

I know exactly what you are talking about your feet get a knot in them and it does not release. the only way I can explain to others is to take a marble put it in your sock underneath the arch and walk on it all day then they will know how we feel when our feet hurt

10/31/2012 12:20 PM
DanaW
DanaW  

yeah my feet hurt just sitting here and I just got up from a nap so it isn't from walking a bunch. It's just part of the drill

10/31/2012 12:44 PM
LinBC
LinBC  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

My feet hurt fairly frequently, bad enough I think I've twisted my ankle or broken toes or walked for miles on concrete with no shoes on, then the next day the pain will just be gone. I'm pretty sure it's the fibro.

10/31/2012 02:29 PM
buttercup782
buttercup782  

When your feet hurt try massaging them with lotion or something you will babe to feel a knot

10/31/2012 06:00 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sometimes, when my feet hurt, I will take a frozen water soda bottle, wrap a thin cloth around it and work my foot back and forth rolling it on the floor . Sounds weird but it helps depending on the type of pain you re having ...

My Rhuemy suggested this way back when Fibro was causing me not to be able to walk first thing in the mornings ...

Marilyn

10/31/2012 06:57 PM
Astrunk
Astrunk  

Mine always hurt after I have been sitting for a while in the evenings. I don't typically walk a lot during the day but they feel like a giant rock is sitting on them.

11/01/2012 03:47 AM
DanaW
DanaW  

great idea Marilyn. Bcup, massaging is too, I use a calous lotion (Avon) that tingles and feels great...and it makes my feet softer

11/01/2012 07:42 AM
faithfully10
faithfully10  

Still hurts to walk. Terrible headache, yesterday the back of my head. Today the right side of my head.i called rhuemy today to get in to see him because this deep pain in my body is making it hard to function. I slept through my alarm and once again I was late for work. I wish I could cry.

Post edited by: faithfully10, at: 11/01/2012 07:42 AM

11/01/2012 11:53 AM
MoiraWolf
MoiraWolf  

If the pain is especially centered in the heal, you may have plantar fasciitis (heal spur syndrome). There's a large tendon that goes from your heal to the ball of your foot, this is what's responsible for your arch. If that tendon gets overstretched or inflammed, it can start tearing away from the heal bone. The body, tries to reattached the tendon by growing out, toward the tear, creating spurs of bone. Which is PAINFUL.

Usually plantar fasciitis resolves itself within 6 months. But occassionally it becomes chronic. I have the chronic kind, at least 20 years worth. The rolling a frozen water bottle is a very good exercise because it massages that tendon, loosening and lengthening it (the same way you stretch before exercise) and applying cold to reduce the inflammation at the same time.

Overnight (or anytime you've been sitting for a while) the tendon will draw up, shorten, it's inflammed and sore. Then, when you put your weight on it the first time (like when you get up in the morning) there is too much tension, and it tears more. When you've been off your feet for a while, like when you get up in the morning or have been sitting at work for a while, it's VERY important to rub the bottom of your foot, especially the arch area, to loosen that tension that's built up in the tendon, or soon as you take the first step, you aggrivate the injury by tearing it more. Another good exercise is to step away from the wall about 2 feet, and with your feet flat on the floor, lean into the wall (facing the wall). This will stretch that tendon back out (as well as the achilles tendon and several others in the backs of your lower legs), or while sitting, grasp the toes of your foot and stretch them toward your shin bone. You're trying to stretch that tendon out before putting weight on it.

Oral anti-inflammatories help too.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved